Recent content by brew1

1. B

Looking for fitment feedback on Nicktane Filter Kit Mk7 Golf

I have more confidence in the large Baldwin or CAT filters when encountering a ****ty batch of diesel than i do the OEM product. But hey, that's just me. I'm sure Karen will be along shortly to tell you it is a waste of money and a solution in search of a problem. But hey, that's just Karen.
  2. B

Looking for fitment feedback on Nicktane Filter Kit Mk7 Golf

Mine was one that didn't. I believe you were able to determine the issue was VW used a slightly different shock tower? In any case, I cut up the oem bracket and modified it to work with your filter setup. Been fine so far and rock solid support.
  3. B

Kerma Stage 1 tune

So it is safe to do this in conjunction with Kerma ECM and TCM tunes already installed?
  4. B

Fuel filter questions

I used the Ross Tech program on my pc via the OBD port. Filled the filter with Power Service then cycled the pump a few times with the program and then started it right up.
  5. B

"Cold-air intakes" and "high-flow air filter" FAQ

Agreed. If you don't have performance upgrades and aren't interested in washing and reusing an un-oiled drop-in panel air filter made out of synthetic driflow material, then the OEM air filter is your best choice.
  6. B

Don't know, i have never purchased filters on Ebay. I purchased 2 AEM filters at a local big box auto supply store and 2 from online auto supply stores.
  7. B

The OEM air filter should serve you well. However, there is nothing wrong with a quality reusable non-oiled aftermarket air filter. Just don't expect a noticable performance increase. Personally, i like the AEM Driflow. Reasonable cost, quality material/build and easily cleaned. Caveat Emptor
  8. B

Running AEM Driflows on our TDI, Audi A3's and Acura MDX. Couldn't be happier.
  9. B

Aftermarket fuel filter install

Baldwin fuel filter filled with Diesel Service, Nicktane filter head secured, hoses connected, primed fuel pump using VCDS, started up, checked for leaks. So far, so good.
  10. B

15 GSW TDI Fuel Filter Upgrade Let me know if you need additional pics.
  11. B

That should work. For stability, it would be nice to have all 3 mounting points used. If using the shorter 1 Micron filter, the bracket arms could be a little shorter and angled a little more towards the engine. If using the longer CAT filter, i wouldn't deviate much from oem bracket location.
  12. B

Ok. So moving the double stacked banjo to the outside port, both the fuel supply line from the fuel tank and the return line from the engine are connected to the double stack and the line that supplies the fuel pump is connected to the center port.
  13. B

If i understand you correctly, you are assuming that the Nicktane filter assembly is set up the same way as the OEM filter assembly. Therefore you connected the supply line coming from the fuel tank to the center port of the Nicktane filter head. The other 2 lines should not be connected to...
  14. B

I agree, as directed by Nicktane i connected the supply line with clean fuel coming from the fuel tank to the single Banjo on the outboard port. And connected the two fuel lines that attach to the engine to the double stacked Banjo on the center port.
  15. B

I used a dremel tool to cut down the oem cannister and acquired cork from a local craft store and duplicated your efforts, just not as pretty. I picked up a 1 foot length of Gates high pressure fuel in 7.9 mm id from my local Oreilly's. My Nictane filter head came supplied with two 8mm nipple...