Recent content by Boundless

1. B

First Look At The Upsolute FMIC

DPM, GeWilli is exactly right. The design of the tanks, aka: manifolds or plenums, is critical to maximize Hx effectivity. The flow must be uniformly distributed across the core. That's why I mentioned the length of the tanks in my earlier post. To get the air to divide uniformly...
  2. B

Replace impedance with resistance, or back pressure. Okay?
  3. B

20IB02, Correct. It does not necesarily mean more heat transfer. The potential flow properties such as flow rate, pressure head, and impedance are mostly seperate from the heat transfer effectivity. Mostly. But there are trade offs. A single long Hx will have to have a large Xsection, or it...
  4. B

dzljet, brother!!!!! Oh I couldn't agree with you more!!!!! I love you man!!!!! Go ahead and try to behave like SkyPup... your posts will be deleted in seconds. But SkyPup can flame all he wants and nothing happens. And heaven forbid if you should set SkyPup off and he goes non-linear. The...
  5. B

[ QUOTE ] DPM said: BTW, re. Rene's response, the core was reduced in height to allow more room for the end tanks, to reduce restriction at high flow. Not too hard to work out. I ain't a rocket scientist, but I know that the only dimension of a flow path that can be REDUCED in order to reduce...
  6. B

A model that does not represent the actual product is displayed without a complete explanation, good questions are asked and it's called sniping? I don't think so. So what does this mean... <font color="green">"Your perception about the size of the endcaps is 100% . This is the prototype...
  7. B

Gary, Gary, Gary….. Oh, I read that thread about the IAT doping and all about the experience you & SkyPup had with the subject. Yes Gary, heat soak will still be a problem in stop light to stop light driving, even with the proposed FMIC. In this type of driving, air is not being forced into...
  8. B

If you are using a 2.0 MAF.......

spoilsport, Glad to help. It appears that the 2.0 MAF indicates a higher than actual airflow. This allows a higher fueling level, prolly due to a false higher smoke map ceiling as a result of the higher indicated flow. Plugging those holes will reduce the flow of air through the sensor duct...
  9. B

[ QUOTE ] dzljet said: Ever lost power on a hot day after stoplight to stoplight driving? A larger intercooler would have restored that power much sooner. [/ QUOTE ] Sorry dzljet, this is wrong. This problem is due to heat soakback. A bigger IC ain't gonna help.
  10. B

Yep, those are the holes.
  11. B

So, what's the story with RocketChips?

So, what\'s the story with RocketChips? Would MAF logs be even better? Ya know, as in mass air flow logs... from VAGCOM... mebbe 3rd gear runs... [ QUOTE ] Davin said: [ QUOTE ] runonbeer said: [ QUOTE ] Yeah, I see that FMIC thread now. I'd love to see some new dynos with that. [/...
  12. B

Hey kraut, You obviously missed my earlier turbocharging tutorials. [ QUOTE ] Boundless said: Under full load conditions, the turbo requires about 15HP to pump the specified mass air flow. Less power to run the turbo is more power to the wheels. How much of that turbo HP do you think can...
  13. B

RTV? aka: Silicone sealer.... that gooey stuff in like a toothpaste tube. Make sure you get one that adheres/bonds to the MAF plastic material.
  14. B

It was posted somewhere else that the parts from the kit will also be available a la carte. So, the explanation of the IC works. That was a good question, about how the wastegated turbo was going to be controlled. And then consider if CELs will happen. The boost will still be checked for...
  15. B

Greg, It's not a matter of restriction. The IC reduces the boost pressure required by the turbo to deliver the ECU specified mass flow rate of air. A more effective IC (effective as a heat exchanger), will reduce the boost pressure required to deliver that specified air flow. The ECU...