Recent content by bobt2382

1. bobt2382

Official list of HPFP Failures

One would think, though IRC they are both same size ! IMO, In order to save a few pennies, they omitted any kind of markings at the tank fuel pump.
  2. bobt2382

Official list of HPFP Failures

One is the feed line and the other is the return. I've read here a few times of the techs accidentally swapping them.
  3. bobt2382

The NARFmobile, My 2001 Golf TDI

Wow, so excited to watch your progress.
  4. bobt2382

2008 Scoda Octavia 4x4 TDI (RRP)

Nice! What type of tree are those logs from? TIA.
  5. bobt2382

2008 Scoda Octavia 4x4 TDI (RRP)

Nice idea. Never seen those before. How "warm" is the cabin when you get in to drive? Nice to see its treating you well! [/url] Then I went on to mount my cabin heater on the side of the centre console panel. That's pretty much standard up here, everyone has one, they are in series with the...
  6. bobt2382

Banning CA

^ Nice job! Been through that area multiple times. Glad you found a shop and looks like he charged a fair price!
  7. bobt2382

Hard Start / No Start - Is your intercooler frozen? Check Here!

:) Happy to read you got the water cleared and it started!
  8. bobt2382

MPG increase with temperature: 1.4% for every 10ºF

My experience concurs with yours, the hotter the weather the better the MPG. Also, the wind strength and direction would significantly impact MPG. Very noticeable during trips from San Diego to 29 Palms CA and to Reno NV on Rt. 395. Thanks for posting your data.
  9. bobt2382

Long Term Test- Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+

Thanks for the perseverance to keep us informed.
  10. bobt2382

2microntech - Helping to Keep Your Common Rail VW Alive!!

Best you can hope for is to locate a used one. Keep searching the parts for sale forum. Good luck.
  11. bobt2382

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

UOA = Used Oil Analysis. Here is link that describes what a UOA entails. https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/used-oil-analysis-2/
  12. bobt2382

2microntech - Helping to Keep Your Common Rail VW Alive!!

No, he is no longer making these kits. Best you can hope for is to locate a used one. Keep searching the parts for sale forum. Good luck.