Recent content by bmw

1. B

BEW No gas pedal response on cold start

No pedal response issue still happening intermittently, the TPS is brand new. The new crank sensor has fixed the stalling issue. I'm in contacts with a tech at a local VW dealership, told me the temp sensor is probably the cause... however I've already changed the one located by the glow plugs...
  2. B

Seems as if the gas pedal only doesnt work when i start the car right away, if i cycle the key to activate the glow plugs like 4 times then start the car it seems to never have an issue. All the temp. sensors showed plausible values though, i wonder if one temp sensor is intermittently acting...
  3. B

BEW stalls just after starting

I have the same issue, no fault codes stored. I suspect a failing crank sensor can cause this, they are only about $40 from the dealer and can change it in your driveway. Just need a 9mm 12 point socket. I just replaced mine yesterday and it hasn't acted up since, however could be too soon to tell
  4. B

Yesterday morning I started it up, pedal worked fine, backed it out of my drive way, then sudden loss of power and it died, started it back up and the pedal wouldn't work at all. I shut it back off, cycled the key and waited for the glow plug light about 4 cycles, fired it back up and it was...
  5. B

Seems as if it actually wasnt burning oil, the gas pedal just "Lags" so to speak... I was holding it down and it just wasnt registering that I had pressed it for like 15-30 seconds or so causing me to believe it was doing it on its own, just confirmed today that that was not the case though. Oil...
  6. B

It's not black smoke though, it's the bluish white burning oil type smoke. I checked everything on VCDS and the pedal response and temperature values all looked plausible, you mean to backprobe the wires going into the pedal with the pedal still hooked up? I can test that and report back when it...
  7. B

Pedal connection in the car is good, no signs of corrosion or anything. I started the car up this morning and it had no pedal response again, the rpm would sink down super low as if it was gonna stall, then spike up upwards to even 1500 rpm, its never revved itself that high before, and the tune...
  8. B

Intermittent delayed boost

Same issue on my car, would be curious to find out what fixes it. I have a new gas pedal, EGR system deleted, intake manifold and turbo 3 yrs 80k kilometers old, my actuator moves freely as well, all new vacuum lines, N75 2 years 50k old. Can't figure it out for the life of me. How much...
  9. B

I've been using power service diesel kleen winter, definitely not the tune as I'm back on a stock tune at the moment. I don't believe it's weather related anymore as the car gave me no issues at -17 degrees celsius the other day. However today at -2 it kept stalling on me on cold start once...
  10. B

German court considers first diesel driving ban on an autobahn

I can't imagine riding a bike on snow would be very safe lol
  11. B

Started the car this morning in -7 degrees celsius, gas pedal was working, however as soon as I went to pull out of the driveway the car had no power and stalled, I started it back up again and it immediately died and wouldn't stay idling. I started it up again and held the pedal to the floor...
  12. B

Still not fixed, the symptoms seem to be sporadic leading me to believe its fixed only for it to screw up again the next day. currently at half a tank of fuel, waiting to drain it all before doing the fuel pump. Picking up the 109 relay and crank sensor on monday, however I'm gonna be replacing...
  13. B

It was -7 celsius -15 with windchill today, by far the coldest day all winter, i parked the car out on the street again... when I went to start it this morning it was perfect, gas pedal working, no hesitation or lack of power when driving off, I even tried to drive right away to see if it would...
  14. B

I'm going to check the ASV right now, I also just ordered a crankshaft position sensor and relay 109 to rule out those two. Only reason I suspect the N75, is that sense of no power from a standstill, its almost as if the fueling and gas pedal are there, but the boost doesnt build up, feels like...
  15. B

Last night I began doing some work on the car, did an oil change with rotella t6 5w40, changed my air filter and replaced that rubber fuel feed line from the metal fuel rail to the tandem pump. It got dark before I had a chance to mess with the fuel line, so i finished the oil change and left...