Recent content by BlueCollarBurnout

1. B

ALH swapped 4runner soundproofing

Bigger injectors are definitely on the table. The 1st engine I had in the truck had the big .260 size injectors. I was dumb and drove it in the mountains a bunch with no egt gauge. Long story short that engine popped and I always figured it was the injectors (maybe falsely). I still have the set...
  2. B

I never thought of that, that's a good idea. Going to to try that today when I get off work. I'll let you know how it goes
  3. B

Thanks for the info, I've wondered how manufacturers go about insulating some of that sound out of the cab. Currently using hydraulic engine mounts, but most of the noise that's bothersome is turbo noise. I'll just keep plugging away at it piece by piece. Definitely going to have to give that...
  4. B

It is tuned, but I'm working with Malone now to get it revised for the 11mm injection pump recently installed. It has stock injectors too btw (lots of mountain driving, so trying to keep egt low).
  5. B

I have a 95 4runner with an ALH swap and a larger turbo (GTB1756). She runs great, but the issue I'm having is a tons of noise in the cab coming from the engine bay/turbo. I know diesels are inherently louder engines, but I'm trying to get the noise levels down as much as possible and I'm hoping...