Recent content by Blue'10JettaTDI

1. B

2010 Jetta Sedan CECM

As far as I am concerned the 5K0-937-087-CZ0X worked for my application. However, as others have stated the 5K0-937-087-G-Z5Y seemed to be easier to swap. I don't really know if there are any differences in what the two units can do...
  2. B

2010 Jetta Sedan CECM

I have an automatic transmission so I purchased a 5K0-937-087-C-Z0X. If I had a manual I would have purchased a 5K0-937-087-C-Z0V. I wouldn't suggest using an auto (CZ0X) in a manual, but I don't know what would happen. Also after looking at 1stvwparts they are the same price...
  3. B

2010 Jetta Sedan CECM

I am happy to say that now my lights are working properly (along with the fog lights!) after updating to a 5K0937087CZ0X. In the end it required changing byte 18 of 09 central electronics from 00 to 06. All of my other problems were solved through coding as well. Thanks to Dana for the help...
  4. B

2010 Jetta Sedan CECM

For me (C Z0X) the answer is no. I still have lighting problems. However, for aenea (G 5ZY) it sounds like everything is working.
  5. B

2010 Jetta Sedan CECM

The way the remotes ended up working for me was that my CECM was in factory mode. Once I turned of "factory mode" the remotes could be adapted and lock the car. To set the factory mode setting in VCDS go to control module 09 Cent. Elec. then choose the adaptation button (below the coding...
  6. B

2010 Jetta Sedan CECM

I have been in communication with Dana and he has been able to fix the locking issues (remotes now work), and has suggested an adaptation for the TPMS. We are still working on the lighting issues.
  7. B

2010 Jetta Sedan CECM

If this is the case then I wouldn't be able to justify spending an extra $145 because I don't plan on doing a transmission swap in the future... This is assuming that both modules are compatible.
  8. B

2010 Jetta Sedan CECM

I think the 5K0-937-087-G-Z5Y can be used for the '10 JSW. This could mean it has support for xenon with AFS, which might explain why it is more expensive than a potentially sedan specific 5K0-937-087-C-Z0X... IMO
  9. B

2010 Jetta Sedan CECM

Yes it is. I think the 2010 JSW even uses the same CECM.
  10. B

2010 Jetta Sedan CECM

I actually put the old controller back in this morning so that the lights would function properly. The actual swap of the controller can be done in less than an hour. It involves removing the three connectors as shown in previous posts and then releasing two clips to free the module. Thanks...
  11. B

2010 Jetta Sedan CECM

That is exactly what I have done, and I am just waiting for a reply...
  12. B

2010 Jetta Sedan CECM

I did recode the remotes and i can unlock the car, but the lock function does not work. As for the lights, my theory is that out of the box the rear fog was enabled. With VCDS right now I have not found a way to disable this.
  13. B

2010 Jetta Sedan CECM

Quick update: I purchased a "highline" CECM (5K0937087CZ0X) and just installed it this weekend along with the Kufatec wiring harness for the fog lights (same as MkV). After install the foglights do work, however, as of this moment I have several other problems with the lights that I am trying...
  14. B

HowTo: RNS-510 Installation + Coding ('09 Jetta)

Mine works using the coding provided in the first posts of this thread. I have a C model with HW06 and SW1000. (the day/night button only effects the map view)
  15. B

Steel Skid Plate installation on 2010 Jetta Sedan

From looking at the two options (ECS and World Impex) it looks like (as Oilhammer stated) the World Impex item is for an A5, and the ECS item is for an A6. It looks like the OP would have been better off with the ECS item IMO from looking at the carriers (below) Although the items look very...