Recent content by BlankThis

1. BlankThis

'02 Golf

Unfortunately I have decided to part ways with my '02. The girl and I need something a big more comfy (larger) and she wants modernity... The car is aesthetically challenged. Rust, dents, cracked windshield, scratched door -- but reliable as hell. I would rather see her used to keep others...
  2. BlankThis

Looking for guru in MTL

VD Autoshop in Saint-Polycarp. Dominic knows his stuff.
  3. BlankThis

End of an era

Unfortunately I have decided to part ways with my '02. The girl and I need something a big more comfy (larger) and she wants modernity... The car is aesthetically challenged. Rust, dents, cracked windshield, scratched door -- but reliable as all hell. I would rather see her used to keep others...
  4. BlankThis

Who is taking the SS Badger to TDIFest?

What if you stay in the car? ;)
  5. BlankThis

Vendor Accountability Thread

His complaint was about the lack of professionalism, which you've now just proven further by stamping your foot here. I agree he didn't necessarily use the thread as intended, but you letting "it cool down a little over the weekend before responding" makes me shake my head as to why you even...
  6. BlankThis

Should I tint my windows?

I love my tints. I can pick my nose with less judgement.
  7. BlankThis

Burning oil after vnt17 and stage 4

I would definitely check the intercooler for oil collection, that may either point you towards a bad turbo, or bad head work.
  8. BlankThis

This looks bad... just how bad?

Seeing as there is some FOD damage, the snow screen probably helped you.
  9. BlankThis

This looks bad... just how bad?

If it's got no shaft play, not consuming oil, or doing the dentist drill. I would go over the entire turbo inlet path and change the filter. Keep driving, and worry less.
  10. BlankThis

Wheels

Sorry to hear that! Also, glad I didn't bother.
  11. BlankThis

Wheels

Got a set. Painted them. They're impossible to find with clean (non-peeling) lips, and I couldn't be bothered to split them to paint.
  12. BlankThis

OT; looking for Mini Cooper S

That's an assumption and a half.
  13. BlankThis

Brakes...rotors and pads

Got to agree. I went with Zimmerman rotors and NAPA Premium Ceramics and this is the best braking MK4 I've ever driven.
  14. BlankThis

Optiksworks. Reputation as a vendor? Good or bad?

Skirts have good fitment. The bumper fitment isn't so great.
  15. BlankThis

Clunky noise when shifting

I think if it were me, I would try replacing the dogbone. If it's original then it doesn't hurt, and it's the easiest/cheapest to replace.