Recent content by bjmarler

1. B

Anyone looking to sell a DIGI PD Tuning box?

Wow Rattler, why would you make such wide sweeping, prejudiced, one sided statements without any proof to back it up? Based on your comments in just this tread everything you say or have said is now in question as far as I'm concerned. How can anyone trust what you say if you are that...
  2. B

Diesel Power Active 150V CR Power Module for 2009-2011 VW & Audi 2.0L TDI

Savageman69, that's an easy one. You sign up at the dealer when they try to disallow your next warranty claim. :) Just kidding. There is no "one is best" in this long ongoing debate. Both "tuning" and "boxes" are great choices that depend on the personality of the owner. Some like the removable...
  3. B

rotella t6 5w-40.

In my 2004 Jetta TDI I used only 505.01 oils until 80,000 miles. Then I switched to Mobil 1 TDT and Rotella T6 until 100,000 miles. I had Terry Dyson do an oil analysis and he said everything looked very good except for a slight increase in blow by soot from the piston rings. Then I used only...
  4. B

Renewable Lubes Inc BioSyn 5w40

I just had an oil analysis done by Terry Dyson and he recommended that I consider trying this oil in my 2004 TDI. I do trust his advice. Any thoughts from those that have used it?
  5. B

rotella t6 5w-40.

I've been using T6 for the past 50,000 miles in my 04 Jetta TDI. I know have 150,000+ miles on it. I just did an oil analysis with Terry Dyson and the results came back GREAT using the T6 - VERY low wear, etc...
  6. B

Skunkwerx Performance TDI Performance, Repair, Service and Malone Tuning

This is GREAT news. Finally a TDI expert within driving distance of middle TN. Woot!!! I will definitely be contacting you in the future. My 2004 Jetta TDI has finally fallen prey to the EGR leaking problem. I'm guessing that instead of me paying a ton of money to replace both...
  7. B

Spec 505.01

Aaron is da Bomb! I buy from him whenever I can.
  8. B

Best car purchase ever 2014 SportWagen TDI MT

Congrats on the new VW TDI. I loved my Jetta when I bought it new in 2004 and guess what? I still LOVE it!
  9. B

Rims/tire size and MPG

I got a set of Conti Pure Contact w/EcoPlus about 1 year ago. I LOVE them so far on my Jetta. Probably the best all around tire I've ever had.
  10. B

Stutter When Accelerating

Sorry this took so long to update. It was my fuel filter. It was almost completely clogged. I must have gotten some really bad diesel somewhere. I do remember several months before this started, being at a station and the pump took FOREVER to fill up my car. Their tanks must have been REALLY low...
  11. B

Key Broke - How To Fix?

Thanks for the link, that was GREAT! All I need to order is the cam & pin set. Whee!!!
  12. B

Key Broke - How To Fix?

Hi all. My key broke off from the base. The metal cracked and it just fell out. Can I just epoxy it back in place or similar? Here's 2 pics: With Key missing: With Key in place:
  13. Key Broke

Key Broke

Key Broke - With Key
  14. Key Broke

Key Broke

Key Broke - Missing Key
  15. B

Stutter When Accelerating

Thanks for the advice. I ordered a fuel filter and will report back when I get it installed.