Recent content by BioThomas

1. BioThomas

BioThomas

BioThomas' Pictures
  2. BioThomas

TDI Mechanic or Service in Houston?

Sheller, I haven't tried them yet, but I hear that the guys at http://www.bartuning.com/ are pretty good. If you do take your baby to them, please report back, so that we all can know.
  3. BioThomas

Survey: Mileage/oil change interval

Current Miliage: 10,010 Oil Change Interval: 10,000 mi (oops, looks like it is time for a change) Engine: Stock
  4. BioThomas

How do I clean my BD container ?

That's a great idea. I guess I am gonna have to dig out my rainsuit from my sailing days, so I won't get too wet, when I run throught the car wash. :)
  5. BioThomas

How do I clean my BD container ?

I have a five (5) gal container and a 3000 ml measuring container and both of them have some chunks from my biodiesel in them. To my surpise, last time I put Biodiesel into my tank, there were some curds* in the bio. I am not only wondering how they could have, all of a sudden appeared in the...
  6. BioThomas

Me & my Red Rider Against the Squirrels!!

Dangers of Smoking Well, I went out back at the office the other day, because we are not allowed to smoke inside. As I was standing there smoking my cigarette, I suddenly feel this bump on my head. Guess what this bump was. Yes, you guessed it, it was an acorn. I am seriously debating if I...
  7. BioThomas

Tx G2g?

I'll second Sugarland, or somewheres else in Houston, preferrable North Houston.
  8. BioThomas

Fuel Economy Measures: MPG or GPH? (Gallons Per Hour)

You are absolutely correct. It would be so easy to win a GPH contest. So, let's see. Mine uses about 0.3 GPH, when I sit at idle. That would be 15gal/0.3mph = 50hrs. In short, while the operating hours may be very interesting for maintenance, I think as a measure of fuel economy, it is...
  9. BioThomas

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

Not a peep here either. I've had the Jetta for almost a year, now. Before that I had an MB 200D for more than one year and no peep there, either.
  10. BioThomas

And don't even know when gas prices go up or down, because it always costs them %5.
  11. BioThomas

How, how true. I used to tell everyone I work with that I get 43 mpg on my new Jetta and it didn't phase them, but once I started telling them about my last 700 mile tank, they listened up and their jaws just dropped. :)
  12. BioThomas

2006 State Legislation Highlights

I just got this email from biodiesel.org and they have a link to an interesting pdf discussing the 2006 State Legislation Highlights. I thought you all might find this discussion interesting.
  13. BioThomas

Diesel Storage

At least it is not the other way around 5 gal 150 year red diesel. I think that would be definately bad.
  14. BioThomas

Tx G2g?

When and where ( oh yeah Hobby ). Is there one planned for Hobby? If so, I would be interested. I am sure my son would want to come, too, even though he doesn't drive, yet.
  15. BioThomas

And how much did this Study Cost ???

Here is a study of the effect of weight gain on the fuel economy. I wonder how much money was spent on this study to come up with common sense results.