Recent content by BioNerd

1. BioNerd

Ip seal replacement, priming problems, please help.

I will do that electrical check. I purged the pump. The car is inclined with the front up in slope.:confused:
  2. BioNerd

Ip seal replacement, priming problems, please help.

Hello, Ive done the seal replacement before. This time everything went well until trying to prime the hard lines to the injectors by loosening a couple of them and cranking the engine. no fuel getting out at all. what could be the cause?
  3. BioNerd

whre to order glow plug for heating coolant and its harness?

But i think that is what is triggering my check engine light .... no?
  4. BioNerd

Oh, so it's easier than I thought! :)
  5. BioNerd

Hello fellow members, I would appreciate some help!!!! I need to replace the electrical harness and glow plug that are depicted. I understand there is a glow plug heater where number 1 in red is: Close up:
  6. BioNerd

Most common reason for battery drain?

As the lower ignition switch was replace just before this issue started then I conclude that is fair to blame it on that. As far as functioning of the car, we just have to make sure everything is off before turning off the car. Problem solved. I prefer to do that instead of having to remove...
  7. BioNerd

Yeah, I think so too
  8. BioNerd

I'm proud of my clean 1998 Jetta TDI

i think its printed on the receipt, i will look
  9. BioNerd

I'm proud of my clean 1998 Jetta TDI

It was 10w40, luckily. Good to know but the previous owner kept a journal and noted 5w30 religiously every 3k. Oil and filter change, 140750
  10. BioNerd

However, still haven't been able to investigate... Although the culprit might be that ignition switch repair I had done not long ago.
  11. BioNerd

The reason why I'm pointing out that accessories stay on when I turn off the car is because its not normal. Do you really think I walk away from the freaking car while the wipers are still going? Cheeeese... :)
  12. BioNerd

May you please explain a little further?
  13. BioNerd

Ok, I have another clue. The windshield wipers and fan stay on even when I remove the key from the ignition. Not long ago I got the ignition lower control switch, would that have something to do with it? I will investigate as "burnyourmoney" suggest. I've been very busy and the car was...
  14. BioNerd

Thanks for the help guys. I wanted to do a voltage drop test. But I just haven't had time. I know how to do it in my old Benz but this guy has way more wires. I will probably be back asking more questions.
  15. BioNerd

I've been having trouble with battery drain. I've charged it back and left it sitting for a while and it kept the charge but as soon as I leave it connected to the car is gone in a night. I took the tray out and cleaned/painted it. I also took the grounds off and wire brush them before...