Recent content by bioburner

1. B

So long Extended Emissions Warranty

56k total miles or since the modification? It’s the GREATER of 120k/10 yrs from in service date or 48k/4yrs from modification.
  2. B

Engine out for the rear main seal and oil pan leaks was at 145k. Coolant leak on outlet flange to the EGR cooler at 155k. A couple NOX sensors too. Probably $10-12k in repairs covered. Find the applicable extended warranty policies and procedures for yours, print it and provide it to a service...
  3. B

Coming up on 4yrs (less than 40k) since the AEM on a high mileage ‘13 Q7. I had hoped the warranty would be useful and it has covered several expensive repairs including the rear main seal replacement which requires the engine to be removed. I had probably 2 full months of loaner vehicles...
  4. B

CATA timing chains

I checked this on my noisy at startup CNRB (‘13 Q7 w 150k) and it was -4.5 at startup and dropped to -3.5 once up to operating temp.
  5. B

Thoughts on buying used Touareg TDI

https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/q7-cata-vs-cnrb-engine-reliability.504650/#post-5563173 2013>> does have the 2 rows of chains=higher mpg=few more hp=maybe some timing chain noise.
  6. B

High mileage Q7's

Rattles on nearly every startup now. Sounds terrible but no one here has reported that rattle preceded failure...... yet.
  7. B

3.0 TDI EXT Warranty- REAR main seal covered?

Print the above document and bring it in with you, page 3... Crankshaft oil seal, flywheel end, 1359. You’ll likely have oil pan leaks too, Oil pan (upper) 1745 Oil pan (lower) 1749 Insist on a loaner (page 1). Good luck.
  8. B

Warranty coverage/Dealership shady

I disagree, I’ve had several repairs covered by the warranty, including an engine removal/rear main/oil pan reseal (~$8k) Like any warranty one needs to be educated about the terms and what is covered. The documents and knowledge are available here and I think the warranty is very valuable to...
  9. B

High mileage Q7's

Ours was at the dealer for a total of 6 weeks, had SQ5 and A7 loaner and it was nice to experience the newer interiors and tech. Sometimes more a distraction though.... Have your serviced your trans at all?
  10. B

2011-2013 X5 Diesel vs 2011-2013 Q7 Diesel

2011-2015 Q7 has Aisin 08C trans. The passenger cars (Q5, A6, A7, A8) have the ZF. Aisin has a separate removable Trans Control Unit as opposed to the internal one in the ZF.
  11. B

High mileage Q7's

2013 Q7 w 145k on the clock, had it since 115k and got the Emissions modification at 125k. Just had the engine trans out at the dealer (covered under the emissions warranty) to fix rear main seal and oil pan leaks http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=501371. The TSB on the leaks existed...
  12. B

It was at the dealer for 5 weeks while I had an SQ5 loaner. They said it was the first extended emissions warranty repair of the sort they had done and referenced the aforementioned TSB in the repair order. Interesting to note that TSB existed before the AEM. The showed me the car when the...
  13. B

$400 just for tensioners, close to $2k for chains and all of the guides (dealer parts prices!) The vehicle is not the nicest example and was a dieselgate bargain so I’ll see how long it’ll go on the original timing gear since the startup noise has not shown to indicate impending failure.
  14. B

No it’s the PS pump, which I’m going to have them do. He said the tech inspected the engine oil soaked rack and it was fine. I inquired about have both timing chain tensioners replaced in an attempt to cure the startup timing chain rattle. They quoted $400 parts and labor but I’m guessing that...
  15. B

After a week, heard back. In addition to leaks covered under the warranty they pointed out power steering pump is leaking (apparent looking at it and was whining a while back and had to add some fluid) and there is a coolant o-ring that leaks (no description from the tech). I’m inclined to have...