Recent content by Billion003

1. B

Manual Clutch Durability?

My clutch fix was done at the dealer.
  2. B

TDI fest 2019-2020

Keep me in mind to be notified if a TDI GTG is going to occur. I'm in Birmingham, Alabama. Not sure if I could make. It depends on the distance. But would like to be notified. Billion003@aol.com
  3. B

Volkswagen exec reaffirms commitment to diesel: ‘Now it is absolutely clean’

Here's hoping. My preference would be an updated model of what I have now. A 2-door Golf TDI, 6 speed manual transmission, no sun roof. I'd be happy with minimal electronics. I'd even be happy with manual windows. For me, it's a recipe for a longer term minimal maintenance automobile...
  4. B

VW Still Believes In Diesels; Unveils New 2.0 TDI Mild Hybrid

Clicked thru one of the links above.. Wow...diesel hybrid technology...very 21st century. Now if they can mate it a manual transmission...and even...wait for it...put it a 2-door car. In this 21st gee-whiz century 2-door small cars are apparently just too futuristic...and difficult. Maybe in...
  5. B

Manual Clutch Durability?

My clutch went out at 77,000 miles. All my VW TDI goodwill money plus a good bit more went to fix it.
  6. B

Just wondering how many of us are still happy Mk6 owners?

I understand that the ULSD fuel exhibits low lubricity but thought the original Bosch high pressure fuel pump was of such poor design and quality that the failures were caused by these issues.
  7. B

When the new CP3 HPFP is installed is it necessary to continue with a fuel additive? And since there are knowledgeable people reading here - at what mileage is the timing belt supposed to be changed? I'm thinking 120k.
  8. B

2011 Golf, 2-door, 6 spd manual - 89k. Bought new. No fix. Best MPG came on a cross country trip out west then into Colorado then back onto the Southeast - 60 mpg, both hand figured and which was less than 1 mpg difference from the computer. Mostly it was scenic cruising and I know how to...
  9. B

CP3 and 2micron kits?

The question I still have is, does the Gen 1 fix screw up the car? With warning lights in the dash coming on and maybe additional fixes to fix the fix. Is there anyone with knowledge of how well the Gen 1 fixes have gone - with a broad number of responses? If I had the "fix" deflashed...
  10. B

CP3 and 2micron kits?

I understand that states have to opt in to require the fix. I was told only 15 states have signed on to requiring it. My state has not. There are a number of videos and comments indicating the Gen 1 fix, and perhaps the other fixes, too, lead to additional problems with the car. Someone here...
  11. B

CP3 and 2micron kits?

I would like to see names of mechanics/shops on the eastern side of the U.S. that have verifiable experience installing the CP3 kit. I think ultimately I will have a kit installed on my car. I'm willing to drive a fair distance to have it done. My local independent mechanic has no clue about...
  12. B

Bosch Says It's Made a Breakthrough That Can Save Diesel Engines

Understood and point taken. Just talking more broadly about the automotive industry as a whole.
  13. B

Bosch Says It's Made a Breakthrough That Can Save Diesel Engines

Ohhhh, Wow...major technology advancement for diesel technology. So 21st century! Now I wonder if they will continue with the technology of...making a 2-door car...and a manual transmission. Or is this technology too difficult now? Sarcasm...almost.
  14. B

has anyone collected on the post fix waranty?

What I'm wondering is whether even though I'll have a broad warranty I'll be going back and forth to the dealership to constantly get something fixed that the "fix" caused. I can only assume the extra few thousand dollars will be worth the trouble. And will that extra money make up for the...
  15. B

has anyone collected on the post fix waranty?

In three years the "GTI" will likely have an automatic transmission and 4-doors.