Recent content by billc508

1. B

Removing front headrest in 2010 Golf

This is an easy procedure developed by the team at the VW plant in Wolfsburg, hope it is helpful. You need four people, the procedure is to have one person at each of the two headrest poles, with one hand you push down on the fabric to expose the adjustment tab under the cap, each person needs...
  2. B

Just Bought Used TDI that was low on oil. Need some advice about getting motor flushed and as clean as possible.

Hello, I am not a world wizard expert on vw diesel but I have owned four of them and run a number of over the road diesels and marine craft also with diesel and also a diesel engine tank in the service so here is two cents worth. Any possible damage that might have occurred or excess wear has...
  3. B

Hill holder, turn off?

just bill I took mine to a performance shop that has the electronic equipment with the long coding program. There is a menu by which you can decrease the length of time for the hill holder or zero it out altogether. I had them zero mine out and never had trouble with it again.
  4. B

tires and rims

Hi, I have four tire and wheel combos taken off a 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI Size is 225x40R 18 original alloy rims, tires are Original Bridgestone Potenza RE97AS that came with the car. About 400 miles on these wheels, they are in new condition. I took them off to scale down to a 16 inch...
  5. B

Need advice from diesel fans

2015 gsw I do about 32K a year for business with my diesels, I have had four. Currently have the golf sportwagen tdi and I average overall 46 to 48, around town stop and go is about 37 to 42 and flat out on hi speed hywy is closer to 51mph. I use the rotella t6 synthetic 5w40 oil and the...
  6. B

Anyone do emissions fix yet?

did and done My 2015 GSW tdi had had the fix in so far as the software adjustment goes that allows for sale of the cars from dealer inventory. Car runs fine, mileage not impaired, 46 to 48 mpg. Dealer informs that in about 18 months they will call the car back in for an adjustment to the NIOX unit
  7. B

surplus tires and wheels

I have a set of tires and wheels taken off the 2015 golf tdi sportwagen that I just bought . They are the p225/40hr18 that come with this model SEL trim. I replaced them with a 16 inch set of wheels for a softer ride. My interest is in finding out what the original tires and wheels might be...
  8. B

Diesel Particulate Filter Problems on 2010 Jetta TDI

2010 dpf I had a 2010 golf tdi and this is a too true quote that pretty much sums it up about this issue. I sold my car back to VW but before that I had the DPF removed and cleaned at a professional facility and re-installed. The VW DPFs are not made to be re-processed because they...
  9. B

Where are all the tdis at?

tdis are out there You have to check around at the various dealers. They are allowed to sell them with the first of a two part fix. I just bought a 2015 tdi golf sportwagen at 5K off sticker. You buy the car now and in about a year they have you come back in for a larger NIOX converter install...
  10. B

seat covers

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has found any really good seat covers that accommodate the air bag system. I was recently able to buy one of the "new" 2015 golf tdi sportwagens from a dealer stock after the software adjustment made them legal to sell. It has the leatherette seats but I still would...
  11. B

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Newbie signing in Thanks, I have found these forums very helpful over time. I noticed the thread about not changing oil sooner than 5K. Recently I was able to buy one of the 2015 sportwagen tdi golf models that had been in storage at a dealer since the stop work order. They had made some...