Recent content by Bill McCracken

1. B

Extended Warranty on your TDI that you just turned in or will be

I sold my 2014 Golf TDI Wagon back to VW in August 2017. It cost me $17,000 for 3 years of driving. I received not a penny refund of my extended warranty even though the vehicle was still under the manufacturers warranty. I was ripped off!!
  2. B

12 volt outlets go off with key

I have a 2014 Golf wagen TDI and both outlets (front and rear) go off with the ignition switch. I'd like to modify this "feature"! Want it always on. I found instructions in the golf sedan section but unfortunately my fuse configuration is different. Any solutions?
  3. B

Tired of 12v outlet going off with key......

change for 2014 Golf Wagon TDI My 2014 Golf Wagon has a different configuration for the fuses and relays. How can I get the 12 volt outlets to work with the ignition off?
  4. B

Diagnosing and Fixing Limp mode for A4 1.9TDI [low power troubleshooting]

Is there more than one type of limp mode. When the car was quite new I once experienced an extreme loss of power (couldn't drive over 50km/hr and VERY little acceleration) Limp mode I'm now experiencing is much lass drastic. It usually occurs on a hill and a definite noticible loss of power...
  5. B

Is there more than one type of limp mode. When the car was quite new I once experienced an extreme loss of power (couldn't drive over 50km/hr and VERY little acceleration) Limp mode I'm now experiencing is much lass drastic. It usually occurs on a hill and a definite noticible loss of power...
  6. B

2002 Golf TDI I have owned this car since new and have had maintenance done by a mechanic who specializes in VW's since the warrantee expired many years ago. Timing belt has been replaced twice along with the tensioners and waterpump. Car presently has 317,000 kilometers on the odometer. The...
  7. B

2002 Golf TDI I have owned this car since new and have had maintenance done by a mechanic who specializes in VW's since the warrantee expired many years ago. Timing belt has been replaced twice along with the tensioners and waterpump. Car presently has 317,000 kilometers on the odometer. The...