Recent content by bikeprof

1. bikeprof

98 Jetta transmission noise

(y) Second on the G60 clutch kit, resurface plate and lighten it(that's what I did), you'll be happy you did and you wont have to look back for a long time. Hope you done it by now...
  2. bikeprof

What is the real purpose of Relay 180?

50AMP fuse is very well in oversight many times for many years/miles, so check that one first ! After I replaced the 50 AMP, ground connections became what they should have been, started easier/faster. That also helped glow plug system...
  3. bikeprof

FS 1996 Passat TDI 6sp

Holly CANNOLI ! Just the 6 speed would make it worth it to me, thumbs up for the sale !
  4. bikeprof

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

Dang, after such a long time getting back here, been reading about B4's and especially the B4V's I still get fuzzies.... Since my B4 got a TERMINAL turbo disease about 5 years ago and has been inside storage(it's my baby, OK...? ), I've bought three vehicles: 2003 Volvo V40(totaled/front...
  5. bikeprof

Power enhancement 105bkd 1.9jetta

After a while "we" will find more toys to install and make this baby purrrr better... So that's the LOL. K.I.S.S really is important here for a good daily or normal usage vehicle. Keeping it simple eases broken parts later 🙂 DARKstuff(oops, darkside) there in England makes a lot of goodies...
  6. bikeprof

Assistance in picking up a daily turbo

VKLR not a water cooled one also ? What is the HP/TQ you are achieving ? Be good to know so to suggest...
  7. bikeprof

Power enhancement 105bkd 1.9jetta

Kinda LOL... I would consider the GT1856 or go bigger with the GT2052 or 2056 which will give your Diesel about 240-265 at 2.8+ bars... But then if you already have a good running turbo 🙂, then WITHOUT replacing the turbo here are some ideas: 1. Better breather; pipes, intake, porting head...
  8. bikeprof

Balance Weight / Counterweight / "Brick" by passenger output flange

Hmmmm, pretty good questions all... But ! An exhaust pipe resonator; oil filled motor mount, vent/ducts in cowl, weights, etc... ALL to minimize sound, vibrations or buffeting of air currents, mechanical oscillations (of low frequency human ear/butt capable notes). I would suggest: 1. Increase...
  9. bikeprof

exhaust removal advice

LOL... I need another vicegrip, where you located...? Seriously... Weld a tab that you can cut, or torch off later, just my .2 inflated cents !
  10. bikeprof

Balance Weight / Counterweight / "Brick" by passenger output flange

Just BTW, since enlarging the exhaust to 2.25 flow thru(w/ OEM CAT), vibration(s) almost disappeared. That's what that block was designed to do, balance vibration IMHO...
  11. bikeprof

Anyone here live in Arizona?

Mark, just in case you have a bigger turbo that will fit my B4, let me know...(save you carrying another part 😊). BTW, have a good trip, time the weather properly 👍
  12. bikeprof

Anyone here live in Arizona?

Morning... I am in Apache Junction if you have questions needed answered or just info. Prescott is quite OK. Cooler that Phoenix about 10-15 F summertime, gets 30's in winter nights but your TDI should come well prepared. 👍... I've been out of the forum for a while but planning a turbo...
  13. bikeprof

Bay Area Meetups?

I have a TDI but it is in need of TLC, lots of it... No matter, I'd love to participate if you guys DO finalize the even. Let me know(I'll keep an eye out for this thread's happenings...) I'm sort of in Sacramento/Vacaville area right now Good luck :)
  14. bikeprof

Parts availability

I have had pretty good luck with ROCKAUTO.COM for funky parts... try them ! Ebay UK also a good spot BUT the vehicles are not called same as we call them here. Totally different nomenclature and descriptions of/about parts... Variant is saloon and seems ALL screws are threaded backwards(lol) ...
  15. bikeprof

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

Dang..., I think about my B4 often ! Hopefully I'll get the new turbo and install soon(this year ?), I've gotten tired of paying storage :-(((( Sad my dollar does not go as far in the present vehicle(Volvo V40 Variant), than the B4 Variant.