Recent content by BigVWman

1. B

MK3 97 cabrio TDI

Tentatively sold, have deposit. Thanks all for interest! If anything changes i'll let you know.
  2. B

MK3 97 cabrio TDI

The time has come to part ways with my creation. I have a 97 cabrio converted to AHU? tdi. Engine/trans came out of 97 passat IIRC. It has a rocket chip set. 12mm pump. It runs well IMO. Functionally it works as it should, electronics etc. Did a clutch less than 10k ago. The bad-windshield...
  3. B

TDI in Mk1 Cruise Control

Its actually fairly easy in my opinion. The ecu does most of the work but it will need to see a speed signal, and pedal switch positions. I used a stock switch. Mine I used the mk1 cluster but input the vss in the back for a speed signal since i also used a 020 trans(hate) and then its a later...
  4. B

ALH 10mm pump core $100 shipped

ALH 10mm pump core $85 shipped Title says it all. Hard times desperate measures. I don't know history but was planning on eventually rebuilding it. On ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/171034435431?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 not sure if i'm allowed to link if not please let...
  5. B

2001 NB 5sp TDi 170k FS

The goofy beigey thing in the pic is actually a piece of a weed I think. There is no cut in the seat. Maybe a little fuzzy wear on the driver side bolster but no holes! I don't have compression numbers, never checked them, but did measure piston to deck and they were good.This one didn't seem to...
  6. B

2001 NB 5sp TDi 170k FS

Any offers? Thoughts or ideas? Should I just pop it on craigslist instead?
  7. B

2001 NB 5sp TDi 170k FS

Hello everyone, Unfortunately the time has come I am going to need to part with my NB tdi. It is silver, cloth interior, power windows, locks etc. It started life as an auto but has been converted to 5 sp last year. It had a new clutch pp flywheel rear main etc at the time, maybe 2-3k ago. The...
  8. B

The "Alchemist's CEL MIL Functionality Fix" !!!

Nice! Its going to come in handy as i see a jeep conversion in my future for a friend!
  9. B

Parts needed for TDI swap into Cabriolet

On the 85 cabby, The rear mount is off the trans. I think only the later mk3's had the rear engine mount issue, though shift linkage may interfere on mk1. I can only speak from experience but the 020's are horribly geared for the tdi, even with the .71 overdrive and 3.68 ring and pinion! VW...
  10. B

Those in need of an 01M Automatic Transmission

Depends on what your ultimate goal is. I didn't take anything as argumentitive i was clarifying, if i sounded harsh, i apologize. To make either of them identical gearing to your tdi 01m (since i assume those are recycled jacks codes) One is a 1.8t (FDC)auto the other a 2.0 gasser(FDF) your in...
  11. B

I answered that question- THEY ARE NOT! Not a single gas fueled 01m trans code is the same as the tdi trans codes(ratios) in the north american market. I have rebuilt both. To give you a super accurate answer on exactly what is certainly different you need to give us the trans code 01m jack is...
  12. B

There is at least one gas trans with a different 2nd gear and several with a different 4th. Would depend what code jack is selling. I also wouldn't be quick to dismiss tcm issues. It may only control the trans but there have been several renditions of 01m and not all are compatable. Im at work...
  13. B

I have personal experience on both jack and the 01m gas/diesel question. On the gears that is true to a degree that you only need to change a couple gears to achieve "tdi gearing".The question in my mind is will the computer see what it should see after it has been done,probably, but unsure...
  14. B

Project: dz.day.c.rad..

I have never had a pump done by someone else but at the least it looks unprofessional!
  15. B

To hone or leave alone?

I ran grant rings, a medium stone and quickseat dry film on my last rebuild and it worked great! Within the first 1000 miles oil consumption had dropped back down and smoke dissipated!