Recent content by bigblue

1. B

mk4 jetta custom tan leatherette interior complete NJ $400

reposting available again (I never sold it years ago because my replacement interior fell through) to gauge interest. I'm going to part out this car.
  2. B

FS, 2011 Golf 2.0l TDI 6-speed Manual Black paint with Black interior

Had the timing belt service been done?
  3. B

2001 Golf Parts Car

Is the rear hatch still present? I'm chasing tornado red clearcoat blemishes
  4. B

CR170 turbo & full rawtek exhaust

which application is it for?
  5. B

mk4 jetta custom tan leatherette interior complete NJ $400

This interior was upholstered nicely and has held up well. Unique color pops and easily passes off as OEM. No cracks in door cards or speaker grilles. I have been getting unsolicited offers for years but now it's time to offer it up. All 4 seats, 5 headrests and door cards complete. (also...
  6. B

Melted coolant glow plugs

I know this thread is almost 5 years old but I wanted to revive it because I just noticed the exact same issue on my 2003 Jetta and I haven't found other posts mentioning this issue. One of the wires appears to have completely burnt itself off the connector. No CEL and the car has always...
  7. B

oil drain leaking slowly (new pan)

2003 jetta tdi 5spd. My mother's car- she hit a bad bump that broke the pan. Fortunately she shut the car down when the oil light came on and had it towed to MrChill's. He replaced the oil pan with a new aftermarket unit but (what appears to be) the oil drain plug has a constant small drip...
  8. B

help diagnose massive oil leak started from turbo (not hose) with pics 1998 a3

Thanks bob. I'll focus on that as soon as I can get back to the car tomorrow evening. Conditions are going to be unfavorable, being that it's cold now, I have limited time available, little daylight will be working on a 340k mile diesel so it's a bit grimy. Not that I'm afraid of getting...
  9. B

help diagnose massive oil leak started from turbo (not hose) with pics 1998 a3

On the highway yesterday I smelled burning oil but attributed it to another vehicle. When I got home my back bumper had an oily film on it. This morning the low oil pressure warning went on so I immediately shut down, pulled over and topped off. When I got home I noticed the turbo is leaking...
  10. B

B4 transmission compatible with 98 beetle?

will a 1.8t o2j bolt up to ALH?
  11. B

good to know thanks ymz. i knew there was a transition there but didn't know compatibility.
  12. B

I have my 96 B4 and 97 B4 engine and transmissions and am considering a 1998 beetle tdi that needs one but I don't know which engine it has, more importantly will they mate up? Thanks
  13. B

AC stops working after 20-30 minutes- chase a leak or a clog?

it was a used compressor that seemed a little dry so I put the oil in it. On your suggestion I just checked the evaporator drain and it is clear. I'll probably open it up, swap the drier, expansion valve and put real VW brand orings on the compressor (the "universal" metric oring kit didn't have...