It looks like my 2015 has the old part
  2. VVT

VVT

VVT
  3. 20220518_083453.jpg

20220518_083453.jpg

4. B

2015 Golf TDI long crank first start of the day

I'll take a look at it. Meanwhile I need to go back through the thread and see what worked for which year/engine although it's confusing as some posters have multiple cars and don't say which one and most don't state engine code. Do you know what the minimum RPM at cranking should be?
  5. B

2015 Golf TDI long crank first start of the day

My 2015 CRUA has started this. 47,000 miles. I read the whole thread, will try the easy stuff first ie: fuel tank cap and I'll see if I can get it to preglow by keeping my foot off the brake for a few seconds (push button start). The battery is pretty new and the cranking speed is fast. Outside...
  6. B

DEF Shortage

The shelf life can vary from a couple of months to several years depending on conditions. It doesn't do well in the heat so living in the desert I only buy as needed and I always check the dates. Costco always has fresh stuff. The first time I ever bought any I went to VW and got some that was...
  7. B

DEF Shortage

I bought 2.5 gal yesterday at Costco for $12.99. I have heard about DEF shortages for months but Costco always seems to have a pallet or two on hand and it's always fresh, the box I bought yesterday was made on 2/2/2022. At least most people won't be hoarding it due to shelf life, which would...
  8. B

Fuel Prices

Diesel at Furnace Creek in Death Valley today at $9.99/gal.
  9. B

Fuel Prices

I've noticed that the people driving the gas guzzlers don't do anything to try and reduce consumption even at these high prices. When I see someone coasting up to a red light or a traffic slowdown it's usually a car that gets good mileage to begin with and the gas guzzlers are still on the go...
  10. B

Fuel Prices

The recent fuel prices have made the TDI owners look pretty smart if I do say so, not that we ever looked dumb. :unsure:One of my old sayings is "I'm not as dumb as I look you know". Anyway I haven't heard any complaining about fuel prices here like over at the RV forums:cry:. We have Sprinter...
  11. B

Which Receiver Hitch for Bike Rack?

I saw the variety of hitches on etrailer with the wide array of prices, just wanted to see what others are using and if there is any reason to buy the expensive one when it will only be carrying 1 or 2 bikes in town. I'll never tow a trailer with it, I have an F350 for that and I'll never go out...
  12. B

Which Receiver Hitch for Bike Rack?

Looking for a receiver hitch for a 2 bike bike rack that will fit my 2015 GSW, bikes and hitch carrier under 100 lbs. Whose using what?
  13. B

Does this exist, mk7 2015+ TDI Sportwagon SE/SEL w/o Panoramic Roof?

It's kind of frustrating because in the old days you could pick and choose what options you wanted on a vehicle but today you have to pick a "package". I guess it's much cheaper to build them this way. I do not like sun roofs but found out if you want leather, on just about every car made you...
  14. B

Is any coolant loss to be expected?

Is it much of a job to lift the cover?
  15. B

Touareg V-10 vs Duramax

Not sure if this has been posted over here..... Not really surprising given the traction advantage of the VW but still fun to watch.