Recent content by BertRussell

1. B

2010 or 2011

I just traded my 2006 jetta tdi and $12k. all in for a used 2010 jetta tdi 12k kilometers, highline, black on black. I think I hammered out a pretty good deal, and get this, they threw in a free wash and vacuum at the dealership every saturday morning for as long as I own the car. That said...
  2. B

MK5 Filler Neck to small for some pump nozzles

What I've found is the diesel stations (Chevron) where the fuel nozzle fitted my 04 MkIV don't fit the 06MkV. good ol VW has changed the size of the fuel filler on the 06 (to me this shows another "small" cheapening in material size to save production costs. ie- check the size of the pressed...
  3. B

MPG during break-in period?

When posting your comments, please let us know if you have the manual 5 spd. or the DSG. In its first tank my 06 MKV dsg got me 34.5mpg us = 41.4mpg cdn. (when I got the car putting it in reverse, on level ground, with foot off the throttle barely got me moving, the car was so tight. Now it rolls.)
  4. B

Pics of my 06 Jetta on 19's

What is the road noise like with those tires. Can you hear lots of rubber to pavement noise coming from under the rear trunk?
  5. B

FS: MKV Monster Mats and Front end Cover

I'm looking for a front / back set of monster mats for my 06 Jetta MKV. (these are the ones with the oval post hole...) How much are you asking and could you check on shipping to Victoria BC Canada. Thanks
  6. B

Break-in Period

That's, off the top of my head, $27k.+ base for the Jetta DSG, plus $3,200 for the leather 2 package, plus a couple of taxes so our cream eating Canadian politicians can have a good pension. And these vehicles are going off the lot as fast as they come in. They found one with my specs at the...
  7. B

Break-in Period

Thanks guys for the replys. I've been reading till my eyes water and am learning lots. ie- for breakin shift at 2500 when cold, then 3000 when warm. Now my next quick question- in order for my $32k. 06 Jetta TDI to be covered by VW warranty can I go to a licensed diesel mechanic for general...
  8. B

Break-in Period

New here, and have just traded in my 04 Jetta TDI 5 speed 61k. (Spice Red) and will be picking up the new 06 Jetta TDI DSG 0 miles pkg 2 (Spice Red) Mon. morning. oh boy oh boy oh boy .... I've read 10 of the 20 pages re- breaking in a new engine and agree with the push it a little and make that...