Recent content by benchote13

1. B

Official Ontario stuff for sale thread

Scan Gauge II for sale: $150 Bentley Service Manual for MK4 VW Jetta, Golf, GTI, good condition : $90 Best to contact me through kijiji as I'm not on here much, here are the ads: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1585552163 https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1585553777
  2. B

Front Wheel Bearing R&R Tool

Thank you! I will send you a PM! To the others thanks for your replies, but no Part Source does not have them anymore, it was the first place I tried. They have a pretty limited amount of tools that are part of their current loan program.
  3. B

Front Wheel Bearing R&R Tool

I need to replace a front wheel bearing. Does anyone have a Front Wheel Bearing R&R Tool I can borrow by any chance or know where to get one locally? Canadian Tire no longer sells these and they don't have it in their tool loan program either, Princess Auto also doesn't sell them. They're...
  4. B

Viton Injection Pump Head O-Ring Seal

No I think we were both referring to the big bolt in the middle of the pump head. Where is the leak coming from? If it's from the head seal, you may have pinched the seal or didn't clean the head and the seal groove well enough or perhaps your leak is from the aforementioned bolt in the middle...
  5. B

Would like to borrow/rent cam sprocket holding bar tool

Thanks krazykipa, I am trying to see any partsource can lend it to me before buying it for one time use.
  6. B

Thanks Elroy, I've seen the video just havent had time.
  7. B

EGR Delete Kit/Race Pipe and Emissions Testing

2Many- I had it checked by a muffler shop on the hoist and they said it was fine, I'm surprised bc it's original, but if I do an EGR delete and a leak still exisits than it's the obvious culprit.
  8. B

EGR Delete Kit/Race Pipe and Emissions Testing

I have an annoying and quite apparent exhaust leak somewhere in the engine bay (2000 ALH), I'm guessing it's the EGR valve or the EGR cooler or likely both (there's soot and oil in a lot of different places along the EGR system). I'm thinking of deleting the whole EGR system with the race pipe...
  9. B

Would like to borrow/rent cam sprocket holding bar tool

As the title states, I'm wondering if anyone has a cam sprocket holding bar tool for an ALH engine they are willing to lend or rent to me, will leave a security deposit. Thanks!
  10. B

Thanks Windex, I'm going to just bite the bullet and try and do all three, I really don't want to have to muck with any of this again. And hopefully the oring on the bolt in the middle of the pump head isn't leaking. Has anyone ever replaced that seal? From what I was reading in Runonbeer's IP...
  11. B

Thanks Windex! I have the Bosch kit so I have the other two seals, they're the ones leaking, I don't think the head seal is even leaking right now, but it may very well start if I replace the other two and leave the head - figured I'd do it all in one shot! What d'you use to clean the corossion ?
  12. B

GD - Able seal has a $25 minimum order, I tried them based on someone else's suggestion. Nigel - I appreciate the offer. I'll get in touch via phone.
  13. B

My pump is leaking and I'm finally planning to tackle this. I need a Viton Injection Pump Head O-Ring Seal (2.5mm x 60mm) and would prefer not to pay 30 bucks for one or two seals nor do I need 12-15 of these seals (most local seal shops have a $25-$30 minimum order). Does anyone have a spare...
  14. B

FS: 2001 Jetta TDI

Pics? Rust? You've listed all the good stuff, what's the bad stuff, if any?
  15. B

Leaking injection pump where to source parts/tools locally

I tried calling Giles crawdadddy, he has the Bosch seal kit, but that's about it. So I bit the bullet and just ordered everything I need from Dieselgeek last night. It will likely take a week or two for the stuff to get here, but once it does crawdaddy and proto I'd love to take you guys up on...