Recent content by Ben Dur

1. Ben Dur

Ben Dur has a build thread

I figured that it was probably long overdue for me to put up some pictures of my Golf. a turn of events has expedited my plans to fit a larger turbo and pursue greater power. the car a 2000 golf GL TDI complete with manual everything, crank windows, no sunroof, 2 doors etc also bone stock...
  2. Ben Dur

Stainless steel clutch lines?

anyone running these? or anything similar? does anyone have any opinions on this, whether their is any advantage or whether there would be much noticeable "improvement" in pedal feel (not that the pedal is so bad to begin) or if there are any better sources/sources that support TDIclub...
  3. Ben Dur

Turbo Gernade... Questions

As i was pulling out of my neighborhood just a few days ago, my turbo exploded. it was an unmistakable noise. not so loud, distinctive POOF that sounded like it came from under the car/ behind the car. then no power, and black smoke in the rearview. as my car has over 200k and ive been tuned and...
  4. Ben Dur

LIMP mode. question

so i experienced limp mode for the first time ever. restarted the car and attempted to induce it because i wasnt actually sure that it was limp mode, as ive never experienced it before. the second time it limped on me it even threw a MIL. plugged in my VCDS-light and it was, i forget exactly...
  5. Ben Dur

IQ Changes. bad nozzles?

the back story got tuned in mid summer by Ben Brindle, a dealer of Malone Tuning. excellent experience he hooked up vcds as required and while he was in there he made a small adaptation change to IQ and noted the timing was about perfect. so all was well car moves like a bullet. recently...
  6. Ben Dur

squeak after shifting

hey guys first off thanks for all the help in the past. hopefully you can help me again this time just recently i noticed a squeak or "chirp" after shifting into second gear. i can only hear it with my windows down. while passengers, and other outside the car do not seem to hear it when i ask...
  7. Ben Dur

Crappy injectors and bodies? or the real deal?

was on vortex a little bit ago and i clicked a link that somehow or another led me to "ctsturbo.com" ive seen plenty of info in vortex regarding this site, but found almost nothing with tdiclub search they have a diesel tuning section and they carry .205, and .216 nozzles as well as nozzles...
  8. Ben Dur

how many cops does it take to search a golf with no back seat? apearantly 4

Met up with Ben from malone tuning in atlanta today truly a stand up performance MT stage2 +egr delete mechanical timing tweak before 409 miles 8.81gal = 46.5 mpg (some AC some not) after 204 miles 4.1gal = 49.5 mpg (all AC) i know thats not a very great range to compare but its promising...
  9. Ben Dur

VR6 clutch kit question!!!

looking at ordering a sachs vr6 clutch kit, with SMF i also want to change the rear main seal while the car is down question is for those who have done this do i order oem rear main seal or vr6 rear main seal i suspect i use the OEM tdi seal, but i was talking to a buddy who said if im...
  10. Ben Dur

clutch savers?

so im considering getting malone tuning 1.5 which is supposed to be a clutch saver type tune anyone have any opinions on 1 vs 1.5 vs 2 and if i was to get 1.5 now, then upgrade the clutch sometime afterwerds would getting an upgrade be prorated? or if plannin a clutch soon anyways would i be...
  11. Ben Dur

clutch slipped once but doesnt slip anymore... any ideas?

im rather new here so if this thread is in the wrong department, please relocate me. i drive a 2000 tdi golf. with an ALH, and obviously a 5sp manual it has around 200k miles the original owner had the clutch replaced at around 80k miles it was replaced by the dealership. no telling what they...