Recent content by befarrer

1. B

99 2 Door 5-Speed ALH in Edmonton

Oh, I guess it would be a 99.5 as it's a MKIV Golf. My neighbor, and the original owner was an elderly man, so I would say it was a driven to the grocery store miles.
  2. B

99 2 Door 5-Speed ALH in Edmonton

My neighbors son came to me today to inform me he is selling his golf that he inherited from his father. It is a base model green 99 Golf 2-Door with the ALH and 5-Speed. The best part is that it has 125,000KM on it. The car is located in Edmonton Alberta. The owner says he is asking $5500...
  3. B

99 Golf 2-Door ALH 5-Speed

Oh damnit, lol.
  4. B

99 Golf 2-Door ALH 5-Speed

My neighbors son came to me today to inform me he is selling his golf that he inherited from his father. It is a base model green 99 Golf 2-Door with the ALH and 5-Speed. The best part is that it has 125,000KM on it. The car is located in Edmonton Alberta. The owner says he is asking $5500...
  5. B

BEW rebuilt injectors?

Anybody sell decent rebuilt injectors then?
  6. B

Engine Stalling on Hot Days; HOT FUEL?

For how easy it is, change the crank position sensor. I've had those sensors go bad on different vehicles, and the engine just shuts off, no codes. They usually act up when they get hot. I can't see it being fuel, you have a PD engine, fuel flows through the head, so it will be at coolant...
  7. B

What did you do to your MKIV today?

I'm a HD mechanic, I've installed these on semi trucks. I bought a used unit, with fuel pump and harness that came off a school bus. Made a bracket to mount behind driver's side bumper. Wired in everything like on semis, they don't tie into heater motor, and I didn't. I didn't get the...
  8. B

What did you do to your MKIV today?

I didn't do this today, but 2 weeks ago. I finished installing my Webasto diesel coolant heater. I installed a timer so it automatically turns on 15 minutes before I leave for work and after work. This morning, it was only -5c outside, but when I started the car, temp gauge was right in the...
  9. B

Not impressed.....

My theory is the location of the water pump on the belt. Every other vehicle I have done a timing belt on has had the water pump on the slack side of the belt, where the TDI has it on the tight side of the belt, putting much more stress on the bearings in the pump. By slack side, I mean the...
  10. B

Radio Reception Is Poor

My radio reception isn't good either. I have an aftermarket radio too. Previous owner installed an OEM GPS antenna base, could this be an issue?
  11. B

Brake Failure

I had a master seal randomly go out on a B2200, went from working normal to no pedal at all, no resistance all the way to the floor and no brakes within 3 brake applications. Master cylinder seals went, bypassing internally, I had no brake fluid loss at all.
  12. B

Evaporator core job sucks.... a lot!

My 98 Volvo V70, changed the heater core in 1 hour. Pinched off coolant lines going into firewall and removed them, flushed out coolant from core with garden hose. Pulled back carpet beside gas pedal, removed plastic panel, 2 screws and lower heater box slides out, 2 screws and the heater core...
  13. B

I’m assuming I need a Cam…… iffy mileage 2005 BEW Jetta

My BEW cam with 394,000km had 1/8" wear missing from 2 exhaust lobes. It started and ran. Quite down on power, and ticked above 2000rpm. One of the lifters was also worn through and collapsed.
  14. B

2003 Jetta Wagon, tan interior - cleaning advice

I have a 98 Volvo V70, with a light almost white interior. I cleaned it last year with Windex and the magic erasers, the difference was amazing. It cleaned up all of the dirt from in between the grooves in the pattern. Left the plastics with a nice matte finish.
  15. B

Single mass clutch replacement

Ok, so I guess I should pull it apart when I decide to do it.