Recent content by BeetleDad

1. B

Cam shaft sensor code, EMC ISSUE???

Thanks for the response. I've checked the wiring per the book...as described in my original post. I have rechecked the Sensor by manually turning over the engine as opposed to bumping with the starter in my original post...Voltage goes from 10volts to 0 and back to 10... I have rechecked my...
  2. B

The code was 16727 on the vagcom...I'm not sure what else it said besides Camshaft Position sensor.
  3. B

Cam shaft sensor code, ECM ISSUE??? Hi all, I have a 2001 VW NB...with a 1.8 turbo engine. It won't start and throws a code for the Cam Shaft Position Sensor. I have replaced the sensor, cleared the codes and still no luck. I get 5 volts from pin #1 to pin #3 as I'm supposed to. I get 10 volts...
  4. B

OverHeat, Melted Baffle, Turbocharger??

It's a Gas Engine.
  5. B

OverHeat, Melted Baffle, Turbocharger??

Hi All, Bought a 2001 VW Beetle with a 1.8 Turbo engine...With issues. I knew this going in... Found a coolant hose off the manifold at the back of the engine...repaired and installed all new coolant... Found the crankcase vent line mushy, almost melted....The where the crankcase vent valve...
  6. B

01 Jetta starts & immediately stalls. - intermittent problem

I tried the TOUCHING the BATTERY CABLES Together trick this morning...no good. Exactly...A week ago the dash gauge worked find...now it's completely blank. No lights, no ding sounds, no gas level on the gauge nothing...and Yes, I can turn the key, the car cranks, starts and the stalls...and the...
  7. B

No, my gauge cluster is completely blank...It worked when I drove it into the driveway...now it seems dead...no lights nothing at all...I have removed the bigger relay 377 and the 109 is simply not there...no socket for it either.
  8. B

Missing Relay 109 Hi. I recently bought a used 2001 NB for my daughter...It had multiple small issues that needed to be repairs...mostly interior broken switches. I needed to replace the Wiper Switch mounted on the right side of the steering column. We disconnected the battery and shorted the...