Recent content by Bbb450

1. B

Crank no start 00 Jetta

brand new diesel compression tester. It chucks together like pneumatic fittings, I’m sure it would have popped off if it wasn’t seated good. It’s got 327k miles on it maybe just wore out?
  2. B

Crank no start 00 Jetta

Update!: After pretty much a year since the car farted out, and months of it just becoming a catch-all for other projects, I got a wild hair and have decided to mess with the Jetta. I got a gauge and just did a compression test. cylinder 4: 325 Cylinder 3: 0 Cylinder 2: 225 Cylinder 1: wife...
  3. B

Crank no start 00 Jetta

I know ip is getting power and then gets 0v plus I hear it shut off, I’ll need my wife to come out and crank on car to see if solenoid cycles and gets 12v again. ive had to bleed the system once when I got home just thinking it got air in lines while I was driving then it quit and another time...
  4. B

Crank no start 00 Jetta

I’ve cranked it with and without the air box hooked up, no change also I’ve opened it up just to see if anything had gotten in there and it was clean.
  5. B

Crank no start 00 Jetta

Tdijarhead- were still tacking this gremlin down! No it still has the original maf (guessing because I’ve never changed it only cleaned it with maf spray). Could give it a try... csstevej- yes pulled vacuum pump and verified horizontal slot in cam and put the cam holder in and also the pin in...
  6. B

Crank no start 00 Jetta

my feeling exactly. I was planning on checking that next so I’ll get a tester this week and go through that process. Any kind I should steer clear of or is the loaner one from oreillys usually good enough?
  7. B

Crank no start 00 Jetta

It got a little warmer this weekend so when I cranked it over I noticed it was about 400ish rpm. I had thought the starter before also and Ive taken it out of car and took it to auto parts store to test it and they said it was good... they also were in the process of charging my battery after...
  8. B

Crank no start 00 Jetta

Okay new to me turbo and clean intake are put back on car. I didn’t put egr valve and cooler back on but I put the coolant hoses back together with a barb fitting. Filled turbo with some liqui moly turbo oil and had oil in the supply line to the turbo and cranked it over a few times. Still no...
  9. B

Crank no start 00 Jetta

I ordered an oem hard line. wonneber- good idea on pulling 109 I’ll for sure give that a go! ive pulled intake, egr stuff and exhaust/turbo setup so I’ll be sure and clean buildup off before booting anything back on, makes sense thanks Andybees. day late and dollar short on finding out about...
  10. B

Crank no start 00 Jetta

I’ll check all those out. Im kinda steering toward someone’s turbo they pulled off. Not trying to sound cheap but if I’m gunna spend $800 on a turbo I’m going bigger then have to do other mods and not really wanting that just yet. Anyways I got my turbo out of the car and on the bench I was able...
  11. B

Crank no start 00 Jetta

I’d like to meet the vw engineer who came up with the idea for using these soft bolts! I was in process of taking valve cover off and rounded out head of Allen bolt. Sooo in process of removing intake manifold to get more room on valve bolts I also took off turbo piping to get more room and...
  12. B

Crank no start 00 Jetta

That’s tomorrow. I’ll dig into YouTube and figure how to set tdc and what should I be on the look out for? Be sure Everything is in time haha anything major that I should keep an eye out for? Thanks
  13. B

Crank no start 00 Jetta

Finally Took the serp belt off and everything spins freely by hand, cranked it over and no start. Looked at piping everything’s connected. Checked to make sure there wasn’t anything in the intake and made sure asv was opened up. Left hoses off egr and hose off air box and saw black smoke coming...
  14. B

Crank no start 00 Jetta

K I’ll definitely check hoses and the like. I’ll completely remove SERP belt and see if everything spins fast it should. Man that would be awesome if it was the ac compressor since I found this one at the junk yard! Might have to make another trip. Y’all are full of info thanks so much
  15. B

Crank no start 00 Jetta

I’ve had the car almost 3 years now(Damn!) and changed the timing belt when I picked it up just so I knew it had a good one on. I’ll take valve cover off and give it a looking over and also try the belt and check all those goodies...Since Ibsen had it home I’ve bled injectors and cranked it over...