Recent content by bbaecht

1. B

Another heater core?

Well, so here's my hack. This will give me time to look up whether I can replace the water pipes ( 561-819-857 ) without having to drop the engine. Also let's me have time to flush, flush, and flush. I basically just did a core bypass, looping it back to the outlet pipe.
  2. IMG_20240424_123945653.jpg

IMG_20240424_123945653.jpg

3. B

Another heater core?

Oh snap! I found it: Oh, man, that is ugly...Hummmm
  4. B

Another heater core?

Hi Andy, That is absolutely the one I'm referring to. My plan today was to use my cut ends from the old heater core, connect 5/8" hose as it fits nicely, clamp, and then cut my ends off the new core to put the other end of the hose on, but I can't get one of my ends back in the aluminum...
  5. B

Another heater core?

I'm facing the same thing. Dealer has put 2 heater cores in, and I'm on my first one doing it myself. Dealer warranted the $35 core last time and charged me $750 in labor. Should have drove it up their arse then. Anyhoo, my heater pipe is no longer round and having a hard time getting the...
  6. B

Engine intake on 2015 VW Passat TDI

Thanks for the pics pedroYUL! Looks like it's somewhat large. Not quite sure how it would somehow fall off and out of my engine compartment like my collision guy tried to tell me. Sounds like I'm being played doesn't it? BTW, I see the snow in the pics. We had snow the past 2 days here...
  7. B

Thanks for the reply Andy! By chance do you know if it's common for it to come off? Thanks
  8. B

Hi, Hit Bambi back in December. Ugh. Had VW collision place fix my car. Took them a month. Was a fairly small area of damage, passenger front corner. Got the car back, drove for a week before we realized that they didn't fix the window washer. Collision place kept another 2-3 days and...
  9. 2015 TDI Passat

2015 TDI Passat

picture upload place
  10. IMG_20230315_183138958.jpg

IMG_20230315_183138958.jpg

11. B

2015 Passat TDI EA189? Coolant hose issues

Hi, Went on a 1100 mile trip in ours, and am now experiencing this issue. Original hose blew going, replacement hose blew ~ 200 miles later, and third hose went out after I hauled it back and we drove it around the area for a couple of weeks. Sounds like the first step is to flush the...