Recent content by bavarianwrench

1. B

Some AHU Assistance Please

Thanks again got a new tool to overcome the tamper screw. The tool and the hammer mod worked. Starts easily and doesn't die now. I appreciate the guidance.
  2. B

Drivbiwire and Herm TDI Thanks!!!!!! I need to get the dam tamper socket I'm running 18.2Mg at 900 rpm. I can electronically adjust to 16.8Mg I'm betting this is my problem I want this car running right I love it I've read the target of 4Mg at idle is the goal? I'm double checking here. I...
  3. B

I'm looking to adjust the IQ Is there a decent tutorial on how to navigate the VCDS?
  4. B

Thanks for the tips I will check both out today. I wonder If I missed some chewing on the RPM sensor wires? The RPM seems to read fine on the VCDS. I'll mess with it some and see what I come up with.
  5. B

There was a bit history to this car that I wonder about. I bought it not running from an auction. There were several new glow plug relays, a new glow plug harness, four glow plugs, a box of latex gloves, a pulley tool for the alternator, and some other stuff in the trunk. The car had rabbit...
  6. B

VCDS VAG-COM Locator

80206 Denver I have VCDS
  7. B

AHU timing help?

I bought a non running car from an auction. I went through the process of fixing what could be seen wrong. A bunch of harness and fuel line eaten by rabbits. Then I try to start it more problems. Finding myself in your exact spot I finally loosened the crank bolt to find a previous person with...
  8. B

I bought it at the Auction (98 Jetta no faults no power)

Thanks, I imagine you did it in the car no pulling the crank? I will search it.
  9. B

Hello I have some updates. This was somewhat sorted a few months back. Turns out a previous tech/owner must have left the crank to timingbelt pulley loose beating the snot out of both the belt pulley and the crank. I now have the car up and running. I will eventually replace the crank. I just...
  10. B

Ok it is getting a bit drawn out here. I set the cam, crank and pump on the belt today. When I try to adjust my fuel timing, using a VCDS, It tells me it is to far advanced. As I crank the pump retarding it, right as the car starts to stall the timing is showing spot on. as you back it towards...
  11. B

It was a bit of a battle. I did not get the VCDS in the end. I used a scan tool and had egr control difference fault, manifold pressure fault, brake switch fault? I was checking out a few things and everything was passing as I checked the components. As I performed checks I could tell others had...
  12. B

I have the VW manual and checked out a few things this morning. After driving it around the block it did set a check engine light. My buddy has the good cable and software to look at the car. We will check it this afternoon. I'll follow up with what we find.
  13. B

Thank you for the responses. I will pull the belt cover and check the physical belt timing. I will also review all the vacuum hoses. I just trimmed out the chewed areas and may have missed something? Clutch switch works in conjunction with the starter, I need to research the book to understand...
  14. B

This is my first time posting in this section. I want to thank you in advance for taking your time to read this. I purchased this 1998 Jetta TDI from the auction. It is always fun doing the forensic work of what the hell did I buy and why did this car go to auction. Judging from the trunk the...
  15. B

N47 diesel bmw 2002

Funny how the internet lumps us up. I was searching N47 swaps, looking for bellhousings and tuners. I found this thread. I'm a syncro van and bmw 2002 nut. I have two vans and one 1973 2002. I wasn't interested in the Diesel in the 02. But truly why not? I think the N47 would be perfect for the...