Recent content by BamaB4S

1. BamaB4S

X2Power Battery

The only part I buy from the VW dealership is the battery. $198 with core return.
  2. BamaB4S

WTB B4 Passat HVAC controls

Same thing happened here.
  3. BamaB4S

Front clunk - Sway bar Links or Bushings

https://www.idparts.com/23mm-sway-bar-bushings-pair-1j0411314t-411586-p-457.html
  4. BamaB4S

ECU swap failure

and "there head" 🤣
  5. BamaB4S

Incorrect Battery from Dealership!!?!

Provided VIN for 1996 B4 and stealership quoted: 000-915-105-DG-DSPWFLOORBATTERY for $168.00 + $16.80 tax = $184.80
  6. BamaB4S

Thanks for the clarification 👍🏼
  7. BamaB4S

Name the Stealership, please.
  8. BamaB4S

The voice of reason and knowledge is very much appreciated Oilhammer!
  9. BamaB4S

Interesting reading. Got a battery quote from VW for a B4 TDI and chatted with a certified master mechanic who told me the manufacturer for their VW badged battery is Interstate. Have had good service from Interstate batteries in gasser vehicles too. Battery Tender from Deltran helps to keep...
  10. BamaB4S

Cetane Boosters

Naming them might be helpful.
  11. BamaB4S

'96 B4 Sedan in Arizona Junkyard, anyone need parts?

Enjoying reading 90+ posts and learning A3/A4, B4 GLX/TDI intricacies from the knowledgeable VW veterans. On the other hand, roadtripping ~3,400 miles to inspect this B4 example is also tempting. :cool:
  12. BamaB4S

'96 B4 Sedan in Arizona Junkyard, anyone need parts?

If the triangular plastic screw cover trim pieces near the front/back windows are black, and still available, I would be interested.
  13. BamaB4S

Who’s going to Tesla after their current TDI?

It seems the unfortunate reality is that many environmentally motivated people are more interested in appearing virtuous, or bragging about their new Prius or Tesla than in doing their homework.
  14. BamaB4S

Power steering fluid level check

The level should be checked after screwing the cap back on.
  15. BamaB4S

Egr blowing oil out the weep hole

Another EGR weep hole thread: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/egr-weep-hole-just-an-idea.323511/