Recent content by balticblue

1. balticblue

Strange noticing with the panoramic sunroof on the 12+ models....

i will check my wife's 2013 Beetle TDI no problems with any water issues, and we have driven in a few rain storms here on the wet coast . I will advise you of my findings
  2. balticblue

Want to throw the fob..

We had the same problem, but I was using my whole hand to try to open the driver's door ( when my wife would let me drive it lol ) she discovered it only took one finger lightly on the handle and voila it worked . Maybe you are trying to hard ? Good luck .
  3. balticblue

Thoughts on the New Beetle 2012+

welcome Shenandoah, bought my wife a 2013 TDI Highline and no it has halogen headlights however this is a Canadian version unlike what you get in the USA . Fabric interior and it doesn't have the instrument binacle that sits up on the dash. it had 66000 miles on it when we bought it and we have...
  4. balticblue

Vancouver Island TDI members

nice to hear from you TDIMeister ! we have a son and family in P.G. But he drives the vehicle of choice in P.G. a truck lol I forgive him . not a lot of travelling right now, but hopefully next year things will be more "NORMAL " Take care and by the way what are you driving ?
  5. balticblue

Beetle and Beetle Convert. Roll Call. Who's out there?

As mentioned earlier, I bought my wife a 2013 highline beetle TDI . unfortunately not sure why it doesn't have the paddles ? her Smart cabrio had them for god's sake lol Also have fabric seats although well bolstered not the leather that I see in some highline Beetles. Did have ( professionally...
  6. balticblue

nice to hear from you ! wow based on your cars you must be the reason Harbourview is in business of servicing Volkswagens lol. Glad there are at least 2 of us and hopefully more based on the above chats although as I said they are 5 years old, so maybe they aren't around ?
  7. balticblue

2013 candy white tdi

let me clarify the backup camera goes to the head display which is larger than the stock one we had 6.8 inches I believe. Not to our phones. It makes it easier to see what is behind you, although as mentioned there is a delay when you put the car into reverse before you see the picture .Well...
  8. balticblue

2013 candy white tdi

curious if anyone has purchased an extended warranty for their TDI . it gets complicated when you look at the warranty that Volkswagen gives you when they did the emmisison upgrade after the scandal they found themselves in. I received the written warranty from the dealer that did the work and...
  9. balticblue

2013 candy white tdi

Baumeister, do you have the fender sound system ? We just had a backup camera installed above the license plate and while there is a delay it works quite well. I swapped out the head unit that came with the car that included nav to a Pioneer DMH - 2600 NEX . The reason it was suggested that the...
  10. balticblue

2013 candy white tdi

well that makes 2 of us lol too far to get together for coffee however. I like the white trim in the interior to break up the black. Nice to hear from you ! Ours is on the avatar !
  11. balticblue

2013 candy white tdi

nice to see you nightflyer1 , yes I guess you are correct. Only 1 TDI Beetle for sale in my Province and 36 total in ALL of Canada. I guess we are incredibly smart or the alternative LOL Tell me about your car ? Regards from Vancouver Island ! I will post pics of our new member, when I can...
  12. balticblue

2013 candy white tdi

well glad to see this thread is a little more active than the Vancouver Island west coast thread I posted to earlier I should have checked the dates they were 2015 lol. Just want to say purchased a 2013 candy white TDI beetle for my wife's 60 bd ( but don't tell her tht lol) It has sunroof nav...
  13. balticblue

hey moderator is this thread still active ? I notice ( duh ) the entries above mine are from 2015. Makes me wonder if there "is there anybody out there "?-to quote a line from the rock band Pink Floyd
  14. balticblue

Vancouver Island/Vancouver area wreckers?

Try Mallahat wreckers on you guessed it . North of Victoria . I got there name from other wreckers here in Nanaimo when i was looking for a rear tail lens. Good luck
  15. balticblue

forgot to mention we are in Nanaimo . Would love to get together for coffee and or a drive up or down the Island with other beetle tdi members. okay Golfs and Passats as well lol