Recent content by Bajabound

1. B

CP3 3.0 conversion

I am having to deal with some compromises. We need a vehicle to keep at our home in Todos Santos (1 hour from Cabo). My wife hates pickup tucks and wants an SUV. I want towing capability for a couple of races per year. I also want four wheel drive to enjoy Baja and the possibility of having to...
  2. B

CP3 3.0 conversion

Like I said, I am only asking because of what I read on this forum by searching before posting. I researched a bit more and it is obvious that the CP3 is bullet proof while a CP4 can wear out its lobes and stop the engine. I will be taking this vehicle where help or tow trucks are not available...
  3. B

CP3 3.0 conversion

I didn’t know of any CP4 issue until I read about it on this site. Also found it is a common issue on GMC diesels.
  4. B

CP3 3.0 conversion

Hello, I am looking to buy Touareg TDI in the 2012-2014 range. I intend to do a full delete and will be primarily keeping it in Baja Mexico. It will also be be used as a tow/chase truck during Baja desert races. Reliability is very important as a break down could strand me hundreds of miles...