Recent content by babydoll

1. B

2001 vw jetta tdi oil pressure gauge light

I can unplug sensor wire and light doesn't come on with engine running , light comes on when I turn key on to start engine then goes off with key on before starting engine at the same time the other lights go off
  2. B

Bought a 2001 jetta project car

new or just discovered problem with this 2000 jetta tdi , oil waqrning system does not work, oil light comes on when key is turned on goes off when engine is started but if engine is killed or dies is does not come on while key is on , I do have 12 v at wire at oil pressure switch, car was...
  3. B

2001 vw jetta tdi oil pressure gauge light

oil warning not working , light comes on at startup, goes off, does not come on when I unhook sending wire , or kill engine and leave key on
  4. B

Project Kill Da Auto Wabbit!, Or how I learned to love the Manual Swap

I wonder where you could connect to have a light while cruise is engaged put a optional light somewhere
  5. B

good news , I have cruise, no indicator light I guess it has one maybe a bulb. the previous owner did say had it hooked up to a vag com so I guess they changed it from a auto to std with it,, don't have mine yet. pretty shallow history , thanks much guys [ was looking at connectors on ecu...
  6. B

trying for the cruise, did the inside wiring, wiring on the ecu/tcu has me stumped moved the #19 wire [black] to pin 66 car was sluggish got a maf code, moved it back, # 18 blue/ light blue [had continuity with yellow red wire ], moved it to pin #66, throttle wouldn't work scanner said no...
  7. B

01 jetta no start any help to narrow this down appreciated

just got a 01 running someone had converted from auto to 5 spd , they had put a aftermarket flywheel on it that had odd ball marks I used the wrong mark the first time, but checked again and found the right one, it fired right up, it turned thru buy hand but wdnt run.
  8. B

What did you do to your MKIV today?

I bought a parts car for my [2000] tdi auto 164333 miles bent valve leather, sunroof complete car , nothing like have all the parts need setting in the back, think I will move the interior to my 2001 [ heated seats and all] just got my $300 2001 on the road last week [ same mileage] its a 5...
  9. B

Stupid door Switch!! $3 Fix!!!

having same problem but mine knows when door is open or closed , comfort relays click when u try to lock or unlock it with doors open or closed?? lights on when open , off when closed
  10. B

What’s failed on my TDI

2001 jeeta tdi door locks my 2001 jetta doors wont ;lock except pushing down on the button on top of door , remote wont lock them [ lights flash and u can hear relays clicking under the dash and signal and park lights flash ] but doors don't lock , I changed the door module and checked the...
  11. B

door module didn't find but one clutch switch on my 01 golf tdi [donor car] took it and the wiring harness of it , came up with idea too hook it and the door module in at the kick panel eliminate the wiring and present door module and see if locking system works ,also close the latch on my...
  12. B

I looked under cowl vent t c computer is gone , the two in the middle are there don't look to be modified, everything looks factory behind the relays under dash , no clutch switch[ I have one on my totaled 01 golf plus about everything else] guess I will bite the bullet . I was hoping they may...
  13. B

I bought this car almost as a basket case , 2 broke motor mount bolts , torn up timeing belt leaky exhaust push button starter button, toggle switch for backup, idle so rough I had to reduce fuel quanity, [ probably what broke the bolts] fixed the starter and back up lights, the 175 relay was...
  14. B

thanks I love reading this stuff , went back and found the wireing connection a dozen different places was going to come back and edit this , I took the module out yesterday and checked it , no joy, I'm like a lot of these guys wireing slows me down with out actually looking at it , I have a...
  15. B

bought a converted 2001 auto to 5 speed been following your conversion post a week or so, I bought a 2001 one jetta that has been converted from auto to 5 speed cruise does not work, no clutch switch, I saw that you run a wire from the computer to I think the clutch switch, wasn't clear on...