Recent content by Aztraveler

1. A

2015 center console replacement

Had mine replaced under CPO warranty. It is my understanding, seat and/or seats and console had to come out to replace armrest.
  2. A

700 Mile club Who's in?

It has been a few years ago. My best tank was in my previous 2014 Jetta TDI manual. 662 miles, from my brother's home in Warren MI, to mine in Charlotte NC. 53 MPG. It had a 14.5 gallon tank, car took about 12.5 gallons to fill, once I got home. Kept speed generally 65 mph or less. Should have...
  3. A

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

Filled up at a station that only PUG and diesel. There was a line for the PUG. Attendants directing traffic. Told the attendant I needed diesel and they directed me to an open combo pump. I heard others complain because they were waiting and I didn't have to wait. Attendant told them I needed...
  4. A

Trading in your VW TDI? What will be your next car

The Torrent was my parents car. My mom passed away and my dad can no longer drive. We normally drive it when we pick him up and take him out. He still thinks of it as "his" car and always asks if it needs an oil change, etc. He bought it new and it has been reliable. Only has 80k on it. It...
  5. A

Trading in your VW TDI? What will be your next car

My replacement is a 2008 Pontiac Torrent. Why, because it is paid for. I love my Jetta, however I will never get as much for it as I will with the buyback. And frankly I can use the money to get out of debt. Wife and have had several surgeries this year and we need to pay them off. High...
  6. A

What did you do to your mk6 Jetta today?

I stand corrected. Thanks Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
  7. A

And you have until May 2018 to make that decision. Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
  8. A

My understanding is once you accept the buyback it must completed in 90 day. Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
  9. A

Diffrent fuel from MO and IL - check engine ON

He did not recommend above a B5. Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
  10. A

Diffrent fuel from MO and IL - check engine ON

I heard this from a bio diesel mfg. Bio Joe at Midlands BioDiesel in Winnsboro SC. Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
  11. A

TDI shipping/emissions question

FYI there is no emission testing of. diesels in NC. Only a safety inspection. Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
  12. A

Lifespan of the VW TDI engines

I was at a GTG a couple of year's ago and a guy brought in his golf he just bought with 500k on it to get a Malone tune installed. Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
  13. A

Economy Build

FYI- I believe the GLI is the only Jetta that has a full size MFD. One of the loaners I had when my 2014 TDI was being serviced was a 2014 GLI. YMMV Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
  14. A

2011 Jetta rear sway bar

You can always swap out the beam axle for a IRS. Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
  15. A

Best MPGs or Longest Tank: Decisions, Decisions!

2014 Jetta Sedan My best tank was 665 miles @ 53 mpg. South bound trip from MI to NC. kept speed to 5 over and/or a max to 65. IE: speed limit 55, I did 60. Speed limit 70, I did 65. Stopped only at rest areas, no AC, traveling alone. No hypermiling. I did have one traffic jam that had me...