Recent content by axelseaa

1. A

B5.5 Transmission Limp Mode Assistance

So this issue is still happening. Drove the car all summer - no issues at all. Now that it's starting to get cold out again, the issue is back. Turning the car on and off a few times will reset the limp mode - almost seems like something just needs to warm up a little.
  2. A

I did check that drain when i dropped a new battery in a couple years back and pretty sure I knocked the drain out then. I do need to double check that. The TCM itself didn't show any signs of water getting in the enclosure, so I'm still scratching my head if there is another issues that...
  3. A

My B5.5 TDI has 140k miles and twice recently the transmission went into limp mode. About 6 weeks ago, it first happened when I was leaving work after sitting out for 10 hours in single digit temps. Shutting off the car for 5 minutes and restarting it seemed to correct that issue. No check...
  4. A

B5.5 Outer Drivers Door Handle

The outer drivers side door handle stopped working on me tonight. I did some quick searching and slammed the door a couple times, and then it started to work on the second pull. "Slamming" doesn't seem like a great way to solved this problem. Is there an actual fix / part that needs to be...
  5. A

Oil Leak?

I was starting the process of changing some filter this afternoon and noticed some substantial leaks of sorts. Does anyone have any ideas of likely culprits from these pictures? B5.5 TDI https://imgur.com/a/cHJhVmv Thanks!
  6. A

Overheating Issues - Any Ideas?

Snapped a few pictures after popping off the cover: http://imgur.com/a/Qk2Qu I'll post back once we have a better idea how bad it is.
  7. A

The engine did not stop on me, I shut it off. I don't recall any clunks. Hoping any major damage was avoided. Will know in the coming days.
  8. A

I was coming back today about 2 hours into a 2.5 hour drive, and the engine started over heating. I pulled off to the side, checked all the fluids which looks fine. Let it set for about 15 minutes and then started it back up. The temp jumped right back up after about a minute. Had it towed...
  9. A

Blower Motor Replacement

I noticed that also on mine - it got worse when turning a certain direction. I attempted to take a peek at it today, but the glove box seemed stuck when trying to take it out. I removed all 7 screws (2 outside, 5 inside), but the top center seemed to stick. Am i missing something else or is...
  10. A

Blower Motor Replacement

Thanks - other than idparts, what are the other good reputable sites to buy vw parts from?
  11. A

Blower Motor Replacement

The blower motor on my b5.5 has developed a squeak at low speed settings, and from what i'm reading its best to just replace the motor. The squeak usually goes away once it warms up. I'm seeing a lot of these used on various parts sites, but have been unable to track down a new one or oem...
  12. A

Dipstick Funnel

I tried searching idparts to find it - apparently I failed. That looks like the correct one. Thanks!
  13. A

Dipstick Funnel

This morning during a routine oil change the dipstick funnel broke on my car. From searching around the forums, it looks like this is a common issue. I called up my dealer, and they said the replacement part number is 06B103663G .. though, by looking at pictures of that part, it appears to be...
  14. A

Recommendations on 17" Tires

I am leaning more and more towards going the 16 route. Thanks for the info!
  15. A

Recommendations on 17" Tires

Currently on my '05 I have Pirelli Pzero Nero All Season Tires which have had a horrible tread life. I do have the stock 17 on mine - 225/45 R17 94H Being in Wisconsin, I want to keep something that is semi decent in all seasons and the selected i've found for 17s is very limited. I'm...