Recent content by Autopaul

1. A

ALH TDI pinout.

i realize that this is an older thread, I have read it a number of times and wondered if this was ever "Stickied" I always have a hard time finding it and thus it is now in my Favorites. On a side note is there any noticeable differences between an alh wiring schematic and a PD bhw (from a...
  2. A

ToYotdi plus sAs

Today's project was an engine mount for the drivers side. You can see I used all 4 of the factory Passat mounting holes (not sure if they are present on other tdi's ) couple big holes to make it super light and rad. next is the passenger side mount. Then I can release the jig.
  3. A

ToYotdi plus sAs

transfer box is nicely mounted. My toyota came with a welded on transmission cross member. I cut it off and bolted the r150 cross member from an 89 4runner. Luckily 2 of the bolt holes were already punched in the frame; they served as nice reference holes. Is it normal for the front...
  4. A

ToYotdi plus sAs

I decided to center the engine between the frame rails ( just like toyota motor is) and it is pretty well the same height also. (about 6.5" from the bottom of the frame rail to center of crankshaft) I had to switch my accessory bracket from a 2.0 PD passat to one from a 1.9 jetta PD I had...
  5. A

ToYotdi plus sAs

Sorry for no updates, I have many renovations and a couple kiddos who deserve my time more than truck... but it is getting further along all the time.
  6. A

ToYotdi plus sAs

I'm still in search of high steer parts. If anybody has something kicking around that would rock.
  7. A

ToYotdi plus sAs

Ok, the engine mount is complete, It should be ready to go into the truck this week! I filled it with oil and new filter ( Liqui Moly 5w40) then I sprayed some sensor cleaner in and fired it up for the first time since I had the motor. Sounds super crisp and even.!!! Here you can see...
  8. A

ToYotdi plus sAs

little update, truck is almost on its own feet again. Solid Axle Swap almost completed. Still left is mounting the front leaf spring perches, hooking up steering to IFS box. Anybody have any high steer parts for a toyota msg me? -Front brakes and brake lines, -Shock hoops Any...
  9. A

ToYotdi plus sAs

almost done, just gussets needed. fabricating
  10. A

AHU, hard to turnover,wont start

Is there oil in the engine? seems obvious but in the excitement of a swap simple things can be left out..(probably not) How about the valve timing, if its off you could be getting mild interference. A bunch more information is needed for proper guess work over the internet. When was the engine...
  11. A

ToYotdi plus sAs

I decided to fabricate an engine mount. Spent a bit of time on it last evening- here's how far I got. I wanted to make it nearly as lightweight as the passat mount. (every bit counts) basically didn't want some structural steel monstrosity with chicken poop welds on it. Test fitting on...
  12. A

ALH TDI pinout.

Excellent thread and diagrams! Thank you How much of this stuff is going to be different from an alh To a PD motor, my wiring harness is from an 04 pd jetta, and motor from similar year passat> using jetta cluster
  13. A

ToYotdi plus sAs

Thanks Jimbote, I saw in another thread that you were selling high steer parts, still available? Im thinking the cold climate starter may not work for my motor since I made my own adapter plate. My adapter plate ( as far as i know) has more motor angle. The bolt holes are definately a few...
  14. A

ToYotdi plus sAs

Thanks Jimbote, I'm considering that option. I may just make a custom engine mount. In fact i built a small jig. I'm going to try and make a really nice one since the passat mount is so lightweight and nice... (feels like a shame to replace with some ugly welded up structural steel monstrosity)...
  15. A

ToYotdi plus sAs

Here is how the starter looks installed, there is descent clearance between the turbo and starter, but the stock passat engine mount doesn't fit anymore. Anyone know the part number for IMI starter (clockable) We are back in session so this project should move a bit faster again! Soon I will...