Recent content by austinroepke

1. A

CP3 fuel pump upgrade thread

My cp3 from the whitbread kit appears to be the same, but with the face (interfering with the return line banjo fitting) milled down flat. if the fitting is fine, I’d just get some fuel hose from Napa and run it for now, since it’s just a return line. I think it’d be possible to get a plug for...
  2. A

CP3 fuel pump upgrade thread

Just installed a CP3 pump and adapter kit from Whitbread! Everything went well on the installation, but the high pressure line sucked to bend. My harbor freight tube bender was not up for it, but the bench vise bending approach worked. I recommend depinning the metering valve connector on the...
  3. A

MK6 Jetta TDI hard to start one time then fires up next with one key turn all in summer Tenn weather, why?

My car does the same thing. Cycling the glow plugs twice (key on until glow plug light goes off, then cycle plugs again and crank when light goes out) seems to have kept it from happening this winter, in addition to a front grill cover. If it’s just a lock cylinder that’s wrong with my car, I...
  4. A

Hard Start / Non-Start In Morning

I should update this. For the most part, my car is fine on level ground, or when the rear is lower than the front (park downhill). What I have found is that there appears to be a slight siphon effect between the fuel filter canister and tank that appears to be much worse when the front of the...
  5. A

2013 sportwagen no crank update towed to dealership

Would an EGR Tune help resolve this issue without physically deleting? (Assuming a winter front and the Cold weather intercooler kit are installed as well).
  6. A

Hard Start / Non-Start In Morning

Hello everyone, I may be seeing this issue a lot on other websites because my car is been in the shop for six weeks with this issue, but maybe it’s worth starting a thread. Issue: CJAA engine is hard to start, or is unable to start with no faults shown. Occurrence: Mornings and/or when car...
  7. A

Random Hard Start

Thank you so much. That video is exactly what’s going on, I thought something was losing pressure, but my first thought was the HPFP and all of the nightmares that brings. I’ll take a look and verify I have the older vvt oil reservoir housing/solenoid valve.
  8. A

Random Hard Start

Currently in a tractor. Will clean up later. Also, I keyed the car off after two miles of operation after the last hard start. Keyed on and car fired up without issue.
  9. A

Random Hard Start

Hey everyone, Given: 2012 Sportwagen, 6MT ~4 month old Yellowtop Battery RCD330 (187B) Head Unit DEAutoLED Lights New BECM No modifications to factory harnessing issue: Engine sometimes takes 5-15 seconds of cranking to start. Frequency: Very intermittent, but more likely to happen when last...
  10. A

2013 GSW Front floor mat fitmet

Any mats for MK5 Jetta, MK6 Golf, MK6 Jetta Sportwagen should work. The rubber (monster?) mats are the factory option.
  11. A

MDI Replacement with DIN Tray

Hey everyone, I figured I’d add this here, since I couldn’t find any complete information on it. I installed DIN compartment where my MDI box was in the armrest: Ai UPK750 1981-2013... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00011KLIO?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share There was a “medium” size faceplate and some...
  12. A

Another Homelink Visor Retrofit Project

Awesome writeup! Do you have any pictures of the connector on the non-homelink visor? I was meaning to figure out exactly what connectors are being used--they look like a standard type of molex. Sometimes the part number or family name is printed on the connector. I figured I would get my parts...
  13. A

Hard Start / No Start - Is your intercooler frozen? Check Here!

Just a heads up for those in North America; the intercooler kit listed in the TSB is back ordered for all of North America, apparently. If you are covered by CPO, the fix might take a while. Edit: Cold Weather Kits are back in-stock.
  14. A

Door Lock Stops Working

Hey everyone, I am having a weird issue. Most likely, this will be a dealer CPO fix. Adding to the forum here and will update if/when it's fixed. Car Description: 2012 JSW, 6MT Added: RCD330 Head Unit w/ Backup camera. Programmed w/ OBDeleven Issue Description: Door lock does not work most of...