Recent content by ATLSilverTDI

1. ATLSilverTDI

Does 2014 Mk6 still have an Auxillery heater

I know the "cold season" is almost over, hopefully that is, but I was trying to figure out if the 2014 Mk6 Jetta has an Auxillery heater? My 2006.5 had one and it was great for those cold nights and mornings, while I was waiting for the cooling system to warm up. When i was trying to turn on...
  2. ATLSilverTDI

Who have more than 250,000 miles on 06 jetta tdi?

I had 277K on mine when it had a castrophic failure. Replaced the cam once, and i think it lost compression when it failed. I didnt bother diagnosing it, as it was either going to need a new head or a new engine, and the cost of the engine and labor to replace woudln't have been worth it...
  3. ATLSilverTDI

Avg cost of Timing Belt work on 2014 TDI?

$925 is possibly about right, havent priced a '14 yet, but $650 to $750 for prior years from a trusted mechanic is good, and $925 is still much less than a dealer, and for these prices you will get water pump, idler, pulleys, belts, etc.
  4. ATLSilverTDI

Which rear Strut Mount Round or Oval

Replace the shock mounts as the bushing is probably worn... this will affect noise and ride. When i had to replace shocks, the card had plenty of miles on it.
  5. ATLSilverTDI

Wiper Blades Other Than OEM?

Wiper Arm Tab size My 2014, even though it has the newer "tab" on the wipe arm, is a different size than prior years. So i have a few Valeo's and RainEaters and they do not fit. I had to buy OEM from the dealer to replace worn out wipers.
  6. ATLSilverTDI

TDI mechanic near Columbus GA?

I think there is somoene in SW Atlanta, near McDonough
  7. ATLSilverTDI

Repeated Glow Plug #1 Failures

I have had similar issues with Cyl# 1 Glow Plug. Could not diagnose at this point.
  8. ATLSilverTDI

2006 Jetta A/C problem

if you changed the cabin air filter, that should be the first thing to improve. If the fans dont feel like you are getting enough airflow/movement, then it could be the AC/Heat damper doors... not a pretty project. Have you looked also to see if the High pressure switch is working...
  9. ATLSilverTDI

VW software fix on 2015 impressions

Ah yes, 2 different situation, my friend Chris, purchased his 2015 a while ago, before the stop sell had occurred, he is not just now purchasing a 2015 previously non titled vehicle. But good info to know as I am still looking to see if I can find a 2015 Passat.
  10. ATLSilverTDI

I will let him know the next time I see him, his appointment is on Tuesday
  11. ATLSilverTDI

From what I was told by a friend getting the fix on his 15 Golf, they split the $5000 payout in half, so he got about $2500.00 and will get the software flash this week, but they are holding out on the remainder until a later TBD date for the hardware fix. I went in the other with my 14, and...
  12. ATLSilverTDI

2006 Jetta TDI Part Out: Lansing, MI

and also possibility of the following: Passenger side door lock mechanism, Drivers side speaker (front) maybe rear. trunk wiring harness, and Rims and wheels? Of course the primary thing I am interested in is the head, how many miles on the cam?
  13. ATLSilverTDI

2006 Jetta TDI Part Out: Lansing, MI

May be interested in the head and the possibly the turbo
  14. ATLSilverTDI

License plate lights

double check the leads or contacts that the bulbs sit in, in the light assembly. One of mine had a crack and the positive side basically rusted/oxidized away, so i had to buy a new lens/bulb assembly. Also you may want to clean the "socket" that the bulb goes into as it can also have some...
  15. ATLSilverTDI

Attn: ATLANTA TDI Members

Look up Troy Sentz in Holly Springs, it is a little out of Atlanta, but he does the best work, especially these type of jobs. He is on the list of trusted mechanics if you can't find him PM me and I will give you his number