Recent content by AstroEng

1. AstroEng

Diesel Sales Are Up

From the folks over at AutoBlog Green: Diesel sales are up 35% this year. They claim 44% of all diesels sold last year in the US were Jettas. Diesel Sales Jump, We Ask "How High"? $32/gal urea? Is that the dealer price? I though I saw it at Autozone for under $10...
  2. AstroEng

For those working at USG Facilities...

You may have seen various special parking spaces popping up at Federal Facilities (including DoD bases) saying "Carpool/Vanpool Only" and "Alternative Fuel/Fuel Efficient Vehicles Only". In case you were wondering what cars qualify, you can find a list on the greenercars.org list. Basically any...
  3. AstroEng

Radio question...

I have an SE w/ Nav and was wondering if it is possible to set the radio/nav system to stay on after the engine is turned off until the key is removed. Yes, I know how to turn the radio on with the engine off, but my Golf would leave the radio on until the key was removed from the ignition. It...
  4. AstroEng

Trouble on the road... Slowly Loses RPMs

On my way from Illinois to Wyoming this week, cruising along I-80 the engine suddenly started losing power. Soon I had it floored and it would hold speed for a few minutes then drop another 5 or so miles per hour. Eventually I got down into the 40s and pulled off where the engine would drop off...
  5. AstroEng

Trouble on the road... Slowly Loses RPMs

***Moved to A4 Thread*** On my way from Illinois to Wyoming this week, cruising along I-80 the engine suddenly started losing power. Soon I had it floored and it would hold speed for a few minutes then drop another 5 or so miles per hour. Eventually I got down into the 40s and pulled off where...
  6. AstroEng

Why has no-one mentioned this?

Hi All, new to the forums and I am surprised by the lack of emissions talk... I keep seeing in the TDI/Prius debates the fall back to the question of emissions. This is the last resort of the defending Prius nuts in arguing the worthiness of their vehicle. It is true that the Prius has lower...