Recent content by AstroEng

1. AstroEng

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

Colorado's energy mix isn't great, but it's about equivalent to getting 35MPG (Lifecycle EV Emissions). Does your power company allow purchasing Renewable Energy Certificates/Greentags (i.e. you by renewable energy somewhere on the grid to offset the lack of it locally)? Second, you'd be better...
  2. AstroEng

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

I just ordered a Chrysler Pacifica PHEV. As soon as that comes in, I'll be TDI free for the first time in 13 years... :(
  3. AstroEng

Mechanic in Albuquerque?

HW Timing Belt Change in ABQ I know this thread is old, but I thought I'd post to it instead of making a new thread... I just had my Timing Belt changed (and the rest of the TB change list) on my 05 PD Golf. It was about $1K and the guys at Hans Wittler did a great job. Their people were very...
  4. AstroEng

Getting interior window strip to stick?

Found some suggestions here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=291288
  5. AstroEng

Door window trim falling (fallen) off

Gorilla Glue failed for me... I'll have to go look for some of the spray adhesive.
  6. AstroEng

Getting interior window strip to stick?

My mother-in-law pulled it loose on my Golf and now it has fallen all the way off. For now I have it stuffed behind the seat into the trunk. Gorilla glue didn't help... Bueller?
  7. AstroEng

Mileage To Date-How Many Months-Major Issues?

Our '12 heats buns and lower back... The wife likes going for a drive when her back is bothering her. :D Oh and 17,000+ miles with no issues.
  8. AstroEng

Sticker shock.....insurance?!

We pay $567/yr in ABQ, NM. Full coverage, uninsured motorist (definitely required in NM), and $500 deductibles.
  9. AstroEng

Any Reason NOT to buy a 2012?

I've got the Night Blue and love it! It does get a bit hot in the NM sun though...
  10. AstroEng

Whats your guess- Resale value in 2020??

30,000 Yuan, because our Chinese overlords will prefer the Chinese version Passat with LEDs.
  11. AstroEng

Diesel CHEAPER than Reg. Unleaded!!!!!!

Near my work, Diesel is only $0.10 more than RUG (same as Mid-grade) at $3.65. For the last few weeks gas has been holding pretty steady as Diesel continues to drop. Maybe they'll hit parity before winter hits and Diesel goes back up. At a local, independent station it was priced at $3.49...
  12. AstroEng

How Fast Have You Driven Your New Passat?

I've taken my Passat right past Ludicrous to Plaid... :eek:
  13. AstroEng

How Fast Have You Driven Your New Passat?

But it uses many of the same parts, no? Probably to include the speed sensors and instrument cluster...
  14. AstroEng

2012 Passat TDI

What, you've never heard of "crowd sourcing"? :p