Recent content by aNUT

1. aNUT

DSG re-adaptation procedure gone wrong?

car-part.com Be sure to run your vin and the vin from the donor car to verify they have the same trans. The salvage lots cross a lot of things that aren't compatible.
  2. aNUT

DSG re-adaptation procedure gone wrong?

Negative. Symptoms returned once it got hot. I fixed it with a used trans.
  3. aNUT

WTB 02A selector shaft and shift tower, '02-'03 pancake pipe

Found the tower, thanks. Yes, they're different. '02-'03 accepts an o-ring'd connector on the turbo end and has a standard barbed connection on the IC end. The one I'm after might be '01 to '03. I can't recall exactly. '99.5 and '00 are different.
  4. aNUT

WTB 02A selector shaft and shift tower, '02-'03 pancake pipe

for a little project, let me know what you have, thanks.
  5. aNUT

Diesel Land Equipment Clearance

I have 4 CASA (Gen 1 3.0l TDI) injectors with very minimal time on them, <500 miles. I'd used them for a bit of an R&D project. These are stock replacements for Gen 1 3.0 TDI or a mild performance upgrade for Gen 1 2.0 TDI ('09-'14 Golf/Jetta/Beetle/JSW w/ CEBA or CJAA). Part number 059130277AM...
  6. PXL_20220520_213351740.jpg

PXL_20220520_213351740.jpg

7. aNUT

Diesel Land Equipment Clearance Sale

Added a bunch of parts to that thread yesterday.
  8. aNUT

misc small parts deleted. I don't really have the bandwith to handle it. sorry
  9. aNUT

Diesel Land Equipment Clearance Sale

I have a thread in the vendor classifieds forum. <LINK> I'm cross posting this here because many of the items will be much easier with a cash-n-carry local type of transaction. Thank you all for the many years of patronage and putting up with my temper tantrums as I continue to grow up.
  10. aNUT

Full list of inventory post #5 Hi TDI family - I have closed my shop and am in the process of liquidating equipment. I have a google document with shop equipment I'm selling. A lot of this stuff is really geared towards commercial shops, but there are some items that may appeal to the...
  11. aNUT

Diesel Land: TDI Guru in Colorado

Thank you.
  12. aNUT

2012 Golf TDI Passing Emissions With Tune

Contact me. Diesellandgolden.com
  13. aNUT

CATA timing chains

Advance Measuring Blocks search "phase" & look to something like camshaft bank 1 phasing. I don't remember the exact address. Same general idea as MVB 93 on the gassers. Bank 1 is the right bank. The engine must be warmed up and running for a few minutes before you'll get a reading.
  14. aNUT

CATA timing chains

It's all Iwis in the end. Doesn't make sense the MB can do it and VAG can't. I don't know much about why the chains stretch as much as they do, especially the early TSIs. My wife's A4 only made it 90K before the tensioner was completely extended and slapping the cover. This is not a cheap job...
  15. aNUT

CATA timing chains

LINK TO PHOTOS Welp, I knew we'd be doing them eventually. 140K on the clock. This one had significant chain rattle for upwards of 10 seconds after changing the oil or if it was a very cold start. Intake bank 1 cam phase retard was over 9 degrees when warmed up. I do not recommend pushing...