Recent content by Another

1. A

Gearbox or clutch issue?

I think one plate from 3 which retains the CV joint came loose and with rotation cutted your gearbox housing. Look at threads of CV joint flange. Maybe you'll find there the answer
  2. A

Grumpy Golf from salt heaven

Hello Folks! I think it's time to show here my headache after one year reading on this forum (now it's 3 years of). Started to be a member here when i saw last spring (2019) that MTLtdi sells his 2003golf. Didn't bought it because it was too rusty for me and needed some body parts to be...
  3. A

Poor MPG with Arietta wheels

Read here https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/santa-monica-rims-will-they-hurt-fuel-economy-on-the-highway.514505/#post-5665036 A good tire size in 17`s are 215/50R17 - you get enough comfort and a decent look. Plus that they fill better the wheel arch. On 215/50R17 Michelin Energy...
  4. A

Dieselgate documentary by Deutsche Welle

Hello everyone! I don't know if it was posted somewhere here but just saw it in my suggestions on yt
  5. A

BEW with bad fuel economy

I also have an 2004 BEW. First winter about 6.3l, second winter 6.7-7.5l, and this winter 7l (about 32mpg) constantly. Same drive conditions. I did even an long trip this weekend - and on hwy when low fuel light came on i filled it up with about 6.5l to make an test and in 85km the light came...
  6. A

DIY: How to fix air blend door MK4 TDI no cabin heat problem

I'll gonna cry.....why MK4 have same problemes at this point as old MK2's ? :( Did same work back in time on my both mk2... i can't imagine that same thing will be needed here knowing that that the heater core case is much harder to disassembling
  7. A

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Reassembled my old KKK turbo of my BEW after a VNT cleaning. I left few days the vanes to soak in brakecleaner. A bit dissapointed cause when i was separating the turbo a small rusted piece jumped of the cartridge flange. Now i have a small hole there. How do you think guys, will an exaust...
  8. A

MK4 central console replace (not a cupholder question)

Hello guys! Does anyone know if a central console from Beetle 2006-2009 fits in a golf/jetta ? or if there are any conversions for that? I'm really annoyed by central console wich i found so unconfortable...even to put your cell somewhere. Or if you have a gps or charger plugged in cigaret...
  9. A

New used jetta wagon

ALH it's a nice cruiser!
  10. A

I just got this timing belt kit....

Hello guys! Sorry for necroposting but it's a only thread where someone is talking about GMB components in timing belt system. Last week decided to change the timing on my new ALH wagon and was searching for better deal. So found locally an Continental set which includes two small rollers from...
  11. A

Santa Monica Rims....will they hurt fuel economy on the highway?

So, i did not installed the Arrietas. Instead them i bough a set of like new Nokian Entyre 2.0 in 195/65r15 on stock Golf City wheels. Now my wagon drives much more when dropped in neutral then my Golf on R17 with energy savers (and i don't know why - rear brakes are new). So my recent fill-up...
  12. A

07 Jetta Steering Wheel Shake When Braking

It can be the hubs. I also have a small shaking when braking but have no time now to check cause just bought the car a month ago. Look at this video, it is in russian language but the images tells all
  13. A

If not a diesel, then what would you daily drive...

I'd drive something converted on propane. I think an 2.5 rabbit would drive nice on propane but in Canada an conversion kit costs too much... And i don't understend why the propane conversion here in N/A is as costly. Few years back in Europe i had an MK2 k-jetronic converted on propane...i...
  14. A

Looking to get 50MPG back

If you want to keep the right height and the 17" wheels you can switch to 205/55R17 tires -same with 225/50 but narrower. It's the stock size for Vw Alltrack, Mini Clubman and Nissant Kicks. The last one uses Firestone FT140 wich people complains about noise and often you cand find them on...
  15. A

Santa Monica Rims....will they hurt fuel economy on the highway?

Combined, but mostly highway at about 60mph. I filled it up yesterday after 375km from full tanks....after math conlusion was 6.1 l/100km - not so impressed for the moment. But i'm still fixing things on the car. Will try to switch to my Arietta's with Energy Savers and will see the difference