Recent content by angrytom

1. A

Off to the dealer grinding noise, hesitation, bucking

Having worked for VW/Audi for 3 years I can say from experience that they are not put together all that well. I am suprised that there was a transmission issue with yours, the only time I have ever had to pull a trans out of a Touareg was to replace timing chains.
  2. A

My dual a/a + a/w IC finally installed

Very awesome man.
  3. A

R15 Wins at Sebring

from the angle of that picture it looks like it should be a p2 car instead of a p1
  4. A

R15 Wins at Sebring

this is gonna be a good race at sebring this year.:)
  5. A

VW improves DSG flywheel ?

personally not a big fan of the dual mass flywheel on tdi's.
  6. A

With ULSD, are there still "alternate" uses for this fuel?

you also might be a redneck if you stare at a container of orange juice because it says concentrate. how did this get so off topic?:confused:
  7. A

Let's make a game plan for the Upcoming new California 2010 SMOG

in regards to checking readiness status with scan tool, is there any access authorization # required. i don't have vag com, but a vas scan tool and when checking readiness status i get "function not recognized" edit:sorry if i'm poaching in the wrong forum
  8. A

low power...nothing happens until 2800rpm

Does your EGR valve close fully?
  9. A

acronyms..??

DSM - Fail
  10. A

01 tdi erratic idle

i haven't heard of anyone having that issue. checking the timing would be a pretty good starting point. try searching the FAQ section.
  11. A

A Solid Engine That's Reassuring and Refined

umm,its a dual overhead cam engine,not a single overhead.
  12. A

Motor Trend: First Drive 2009 Jetta TDI

i sure hope so
  13. A

6 day old '09 won't start. Cheer me up.

there may be only one bad pump,but they are replacing both just to cover all bases and actually get the parts back to the warranty test center to see what if anything is wrong with them.this is how they establish tsb's,recall campains etc.which pumps are they replacing?
  14. A

VAG-COM in Triad area N. Carolina?

i'm in greensboro.i don't have vag-com,but i have a VAS scan tool.
  15. A

6 day old '09 won't start. Cheer me up.

at the dealer i work at,we have sold only one commonrail,and still have the demo.we have training,but when it comes to warranty,especially on new model introductions,any problem we encounter usually has to go through VTA.when we get trained on these cars,we see how they operate,and play with...