Recent content by andyrooski17

1. andyrooski17

Adblue DPF Injector Crystallization

What mileage? Still around 50k as indicated by your sig? My original leak was much more tame, see post from late 2014
  2. andyrooski17

Adblue DPF Injector Crystallization

I've already had my DEF injector replaced at less than 10k miles. Up to 65k now, only a couple months from wanting to turn my car in. Just had a low AdBlue warning, as well as check engine light and P20E8 (low reductant pressure) code. I thought the tank just needed to be filled, so I put in...
  3. andyrooski17

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Nice! I really like the rear "aero" elements of the GTI. I'm always jealous when I see one. How difficult was the installation, and what 3M adhesive tape did you use? I'd love to do this. It might be silly if i'm planning to turn my car in this year, but that's another story...
  4. andyrooski17

FIX approved!!!!!

This document seems to be the best source of info. An interesting series of quotes: w.r.t. Phase 1 modification: "No significant changes to key vehicle attributes are expected, including fuel consumption, reliability, durability, vehicle performance, drivability, or other driving...
  5. andyrooski17

2015 (Gen 3) TDI are GOOD TO GO!!!! (fix approved today!)

This document seems to be the best source of info. An interesting series of quotes: w.r.t. Phase 1 modification: "No significant changes to key vehicle attributes are expected, including fuel consumption, reliability, durability, vehicle performance, drivability, or other driving...
  6. andyrooski17

Mazda to introduce diesels to US

Where are you finding that price estimate? I'm personally pretty excited about this vehicle option, assuming it makes it here. Much as I roll eyes at SUVs/crossovers...being a youngish person with a wife, dog, and likely child soon, living in New England, a diesel AWD vehicle is pretty...
  7. andyrooski17

TDI Replacement Vehicle

And today there's this, in the long line of Mazda diesel rumors. Diesel aside, i'm interested to see if they stick the Turbo CX-9 engine in the CX-5. I was somewhat a fan of the 2.5 in the Mazda3, but ultimately not infatuated.
  8. andyrooski17

Limp along mode

Curious. Hopefully they can read the code log, if you haven't already.
  9. andyrooski17

TDI Replacement Vehicle

Indeed it's pretty close. I drove a '14 328d wagon a few weeks ago, and liked it a lot, apart from the occasionally disruptive auto stop/start feature. The Fuelly data is a little confusing on the 328d xDrive, but it looks to be around 36 mpg. Good, but it's not head and shoulders above some of...
  10. andyrooski17

Limp along mode

Oh my, that's frustrating. Good luck, and let us know what the diagnosis ends up being.
  11. andyrooski17

TDI Replacement Vehicle

Thanks! My last car was a 2005 Civic Si. I'll definitely be checking out the civic hatch with the 1.5 and the new civic Si
  12. andyrooski17

TDI Replacement Vehicle

I know many Mk7 Golf TDI owners (at least on the internet) are contemplating going GTI, and that the Cruze diesel is a much-discussed option as well, but I wanted to get a discussion going on smaller high efficiency gas engines (that aren't hybrids). I'm bringing this up because of the...
  13. andyrooski17

upgrade reverse lights?

I just replaced the license plate housing with deAuto LEDs yesterday, and I can confirm this. I had previously replaced the reverse lights as well.
  14. andyrooski17

Mk7 Common issues and resolutions

Cool, keep us posted and take pics if you see anything notable!