Recent content by amsoiltek

1. A

Random Engine Hesitation

I'm going to jump in on this dog pile too, I have had this happen to me 3 times already, and now that I loaned my car to my son, it happened twice to him. The car is still under DG warranty, going to call the dealer in Flagstaff and show them this thread and see if they will replace it. He was...
  2. A

12 volt portable cooler off rear lighter plug?

The HF rig I want to use is the Icom IC-7100 and I know Icom's don't like voltage drops at all, I have a IC-7000 in my work van and if the motor is not running it will trip out. No way will my rig be as loaded as Scott's car over at StealthGTI, but I'm impressed and going to borrow some of his...
  3. A

12 volt portable cooler off rear lighter plug?

Hey good info to know, I have my Yeasu FT-7800 in the trunk and was trying to avoid running a power cable up to the front, max amp draw on the radio on 2mtrs is about 9 amps. That may change if I decide to put an HF rig in the car, but just in case I'll install a buck converter.
  4. A

What did you do to your MK7 today?

You know that was probably the messiest part of draining off the excess it did a lot of spitting on sputtering before it found level at 35c.
  5. A

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Yesterday I did my own DSG fluid change. I did the bottom fill method using a pump device for transmissions. I think the really hardest part was getting the car up high enough on jack stands, super sketchy. Maybe time for a portable car lift. Today's adventure was installing my ham radio and...
  6. A

Adding USB ports

Good point. I wasn't going to drill, I planned on using some 3M mount tape if I went that route.
  7. A

Adding USB ports

Yeah, that kinda of looks like the way it's going to be. Maybe this even. Flat USB
  8. A

Adding USB ports

Sorry for not being more detailed about my needs, I don't want to get rid of the MDI block I just need more USB ports to run some electronics. Right now both my cig lighter plugs are used up. What I may do is hard wire in my radar detector and that will free up the one 12v accessory plug near...
  9. A

Adding USB ports

I already have the Apple Midi or whatever it's called port in that position. Maybe something aftermarket.
  10. A

Adding USB ports

So show me your mods on adding USB ports, I need ideas. I'm trying to keep neat. Thanks
  11. A

Many codes, electrical? Where do I start?

Start with all of your grounds. Invest in a PowerProbe and learn how to use it, if you use it wrong you could blow your ECM or any of the modules.
  12. A

We may get an airbag recall 2000-2018

Looks like it might affect the 2000 through 2018 model years per NHTSA. If this is old news please delete post. U.S. auto safety regulators said on Tuesday that 52 million air bag inflators produced by auto suppliers ARC Automotive and Delphi Automotive need to be recalled because they may...
  13. A

Phone mounts

Oh, I forgot about the ProClip mounts. I used them on my Corolla way back when for my XMRadio receiver. Thanks for the brain refresh.
  14. A

Phone mounts

It looks like a solid mount and bonus for the MagSafe charging.