Recent content by amit9

1. amit9

Diesel price...

+4 cents effective from today due to carbon tax...
  2. amit9

Diesel price...

Just curious, using your driving and fuel data, are you able to calculate these same figures for 2023 if you had a gasoline car? Thanks.
  3. amit9

Official Ontario stuff for sale thread

My MK4 Jetta ALH is sold now. I have the following items for sale. 1. TRW Rear Brake Caliper, Left/Driver's side, new in box Manufacturer P/N BHS184 OEM Reference 1J0615423B https://roselandtech.ca/brake-caliper-left-rear-mk4-jetta Asking $80 2. Astro Pneumatic Manual Fluid Extractor – 9.0...
  4. amit9

Are you still driving your TDi?

So finally the day that I never expected would come was today. My ALH suffered an unexpected power steering high pressure line leak over the past weekend. Due to my current and upcoming situation, I could not justify the repair costs of the part. So I decided to let it go. It's gone to a local...
  5. amit9

Diesel price...

Filled up at 1.489/L in Scarborough.
  6. amit9

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all members...
  7. amit9

Diesel price...

Filled up at 1.559/L in Scarborough.
  8. amit9

Exhaust leak at actuator arm

I got a chance to test using a shop-vac. There was small hole in the muffler which immediately blew lots of soot out. I also checked the actuator arm using a telescoping mirror. There's a very small soot mark there. Due to the tight space I wasn't able to do a soapy water test, however I did not...
  9. amit9

Diesel price...

Filled up at 1.679/L in Scarborough.
  10. amit9

There's no blue/white smoke on morning startup.
  11. amit9

Thanks @oilhammer and @cdi320, so far I don't have any smell in the cabin at idle/driving, with the fresh air/recirc. Also no smell at idle when I open the hood. The only spot where I get a strong smell at idle is when I stand next to the driver's side front door. I'll see if I can borrow my...
  12. amit9

@cdi320 - Yes I'm referring to that arm only. It's possible as shown in this video of a T5 Transporter TDI: . A similar thread on another TD forum - https://www.myturbodiesel.com/threads/exhaust-leak-at-turbo-actuator-arm.35538/ Simon - I didn't get a chance to take any pictures as it was...
  13. amit9

Hi: Lately there's been a strong exhaust smell when the engine is running and I'm standing outside the car, so I thought it's the usual exhaust pipe behind the cat that needs to be replaced. I took it to Majestic Muffler near my house. They put it up on the hoist and showed me soot marks where...
  14. amit9

Diesel price...

Filled up at 1.759/L in Scarborough.
  15. amit9

Cold start 2015 TDI Passat

From another online TDI forum: https://www.myturbodiesel.com/threads/vw-passat-tdi-push-starting-tips.26270/