Recent content by amit9

1. amit9

EGR Cleaning Questions for ALH

Thanks for the details. Yes I had the shop take the oil out of the intercooler during the EGR and Intake swap. For now I'm driving on higher speeds as the "new normal", as well I do push it even more every now and then on the highway. I have been reading up on the "EGR adaptation" using VCDS to...
  2. amit9

Installing Dieselgeeks fix on MK6 Jetta.

Hmm didn't think about this, yes probably that's the reason...
  3. amit9

Hmm OK, didn't know that he isn't able to do it. There's a suggestion in post #8 of this thread: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/installing-dieselgeeks-fix-on-mk6-jetta.509144/post-5616499. Giles's shop is in Markham and he's highly recommended as well (may not be the cheapest...
  4. amit9

I will recommend that. Based on your location, Precision Tuning (Perjad) is the closest recommended shop in our forums. Call him and get it done there.
  5. amit9

Post Intake Manifold and EGR replacement question

Yes Sir, have been doing that regularly now :sneaky:
  6. amit9

Thanks for the feedback Nero Morg and ToxicDoc. We are using ULSD in Canada since 2007. I think it was just time to have those cleaned since they were last cleaned over 10 years/112K miles ago. My driving habits and route added to it. I'll monitor the deposits from now on.
  7. amit9

I've recently swapped out the EGR and intake manifold in my 2003 ALH. Details are here: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/egr-cleaning-questions-for-alh.509320/ Follow up question on this - Any suggestions/tips on keeping the deposits in the EGR and Intake to minimum accumulation...
  8. amit9

Leaking rad - Any DIYers to help Re & Re?

That's what 2 shops told me that the whole front needs to be removed to get to it, hence the labour cost on this job is high. Parts cost around $200-$225. I did check a couple of youtube videos and apparently that's exactly what was shown in those videos.
  9. amit9

Follow up question on this - Any tips on keeping the deposits in the EGR and Intake to minimum accumulation levels? I really don't want to have to swap them again. I've seen youtube videos of TDI owners in the UK spraying Oven Cleaner in their EGR's and running their cars on idle to keep the...
  10. amit9

Leaking rad - Any DIYers to help Re & Re?

With the recent cool down in temps, this problem came back, this time it was leaking almost every time I parked. I got it replaced this week at a shop. Below are some pics of the job and the rusted out radiator. Front of car removed: Driver's side bottom corner, it's rusted out and there's a...
  11. ALH Radiator

ALH Radiator

ALH Radiator
  12. Rad1.jpg

Rad1.jpg

13. Rad2.jpg

Rad2.jpg

14. Rad3.jpg

Rad3.jpg

15. amit9

Car had been running in limp mode for a while now, not much power at all on inclines and overall. Finally got the EGR and Intake Manifold swapped out today. Car came alive after that and runs so much better. This is what 10 years/180K kms of deposits looks like, there was barely any opening...