Recent content by alphaseinor

1. A

Project Kill Da Auto Wabbit!, Or how I learned to love the Manual Swap

You shouldn't have any glowplug codes from the swap unless you are an 04+ MK4. Those codes are for the coolant glowplugs and won't cause a CEL. Glowplugs are only used for starting the vehicle, they don't affect how it runs. "Technically" they aren't even used under 40F degrees
  2. A

There's a coding section on the right side of the VCDS, click that coding button, then there's something like save changes (It might be done go back, something like that). Basically when you try to modify coding it'll automatically recode itself to the car in most later MK4 cars from 2002+
  3. A

go into 19 - can gateway, read the coding, save the coding, cycle the key and clear codes. this will reset the can gateway to stop looking for the TCU.
  4. A

I'm still around, but yeah, the number of people doing the swaps dropped to basically nothing, and I'm unofficially retired from doing car stuff. the worst part about the web is nothing is forever, I'd say 99% of this thread is people looking for wiring help, even with the documentation...
  5. A

DSP "Foam Fix" Blend Door plug kit

Considering I've owned a 2001 golf 2dr TDI, and developed the kit using it, I'd say that claim is unfounded. Difficulty is in the eye of the beholder. I consider this more difficult than an oil change, but less difficult than assembling IKEA furniture.
  6. A

You can go into can gateway, then open coding, then save coding. it will automatically update, clear codes in autoscan after cycling key you should be able to key on, hit the starter with a bump switch. the 53 relay is what usually does this for you.
  7. A

Nice! sorry I didn't see this until now... for whatever reason my notifications weren't active.
  8. A

The "air filter door" is a solid door. As for the type of adhesive, we tested quite a few (about 50) and the victor reinz had the least amount of time for outgassing. All held the whole time during testing.
  9. A

Thanks, always nice to get things back to where they should have been
  10. A

Thanks! shipped those out today.
  11. A

Yeah, that's what drove us to develop these plugs... after the tape failed we also were making tin copies of the doors, and wanted a faster, easier solution.
  12. A

The plug kit we designed and have been installing in our customer cars for years is now available for sale. Basically, if you don't have heat, or are tired of being pelted by foam coming out of your vents, this is the kit for you These are made in house, and typically ship the same business...
  13. A

The injected quantity is too low, a VCDS cable is needed to get the injected quantity. not sure if a high end scan tool has access to the adaptation channel. if you do a search on here for `hammer mod`, you'll be able to find more information. basically you will be loosening the top of the...
  14. A

Look at your iq, you'll likely need to do a hammer mod to reduce the fueling.