Recent content by alnmike

1. alnmike

Saw this handheld oil tester on KickStarter

It's interesting, even if it is a glorified pH tester. It won't be able to tell you if your alluminum oil pump or steel pistons are disentegrating ect. The previous example was made up so I don't want to hear that the oil pump is a magnesium-cobalt composite or something :P
  2. alnmike

Possible intercooler issue

Yeah, I've been reading the intercooler icing issues also, just hope my turbo isn't leaking oil or anything... What happened to Ruby?
  3. alnmike

Possible intercooler issue

Hey guys, searched back a few pages in this forum to see if I could find what I was looking for, wasn't able to. Here are a couple pictures I took of the underside of my car when I was trying to replace the fluid in my transmission (Just so everyone knows, the tranny takes a 10mm hex head, not...
  4. IMG_13823

IMG_13823

5. IMG_13802

IMG_13802

6. alnmike

New Jetta

And rates go up, and your out the deductible. I've personally hit an ice chunk that took out the grit radiator mount and would have taken out my oil pan. Glad I installed a skidplate or I would have had a miserable night on the Alaskan highway in the middle of Canada at about 20 below. With a...
  7. alnmike

Manual transmission fluid change how-to with pics

There seems to be some confusion on whether to use GL4 or GL5 in your cars. From my understanding, the older TDI's use GL-4, and the 2009+ use unknown. Im not sure about the '06 models. I literally just got off the phone from my dealer, 2009 TDI uses part number G 052 171 A2. And its $47.50/l...
  8. alnmike

Beware: Startechofhouston

Lol a savaged car is going for 20k? Wonder what I can get for my car that'd not salvaged and taken care of.
  9. alnmike

Towing popup camper with 2011 Sportwager

There's a few 900# teardrop popups out there.
  10. alnmike

Towing popup camper with 2011 Sportwager

Someone I know just did a 800 mile each way trip through two passes on the Alaska highway towing a 5x9 trailer. The trailer weighed 1300 lb and had about the same amount on it. I, I mean my friend, has a class 1 hitch. Hold at 55mph, get 20mpg (love to see any truck get that). I hear it handled...
  11. alnmike

Dynaudio amp swap for VW amp (POS)

Uh oh. I have VW amp model 1K6-035-456-B. Is this any difference from model 1K6-035-456-A? I know from experience that a single digit difference can screw everything up lol.
  12. alnmike

Dynaudio amp swap for VW amp (POS)

Do I have to take my seat off to find I my amp is the one that can be upgraded? I do have a factory amp but you couldn't order one, so I don't have much info. I don't have loyalty edition but somehow do have premium sound lol.
  13. alnmike

Are new speakers worth it?

I've decided against new speakers. 1) I have a factory amp powering them and they sound about the same as my expedition that I put 600 into and another 300 for subs. 2) I talked to crutchfield and there's nothing out there (as of last year) that fits our cars without modification. I'm in the...
  14. alnmike

It finally happened, wrong oil at dealer

They have overfilled it before, didnt get off the lot without it being corrected. My invoice has always said 5 liters. This is the first time my invoice said non 507 oil heh.
  15. alnmike

It finally happened, wrong oil at dealer

It didnt come to any of those options. They stated that the correct oil was used, empty gold bottles in service dept. and 5 liters or 507 were missing in the parts inventory, while there were 5 extra liters or 501. The person writing the invoice screwed up apparently. Im having them mail me...