Recent content by AllisIndustries

1. A

No brake lights MK6 Jetta 6MT

Hey all, I know I hate unsolved threads in research so to close this up it turned out to be the master cylinder, not sure how it messed up but must be the magnet inside came off the pushrod or something along those lines. The new master cyl plugged in and worked fine with the same switch I...
  2. A

Hey all, probed the switch connector: When I unplug the light I can add power to the ecm wire (white and green) and the brake lights will go out. But neither of the brake switches I have will work. I can also trigger the brake lights by waving a magnet over the white sensor area while it is...
  3. A

@DrGERTol, thanks for the input! I went through the diagrams on all data and ran codes. All of the codes that popped up were from me messing with the switch when the key was on. Cleared and I’ll recheck tomorrow. Could it be that the master cyl component that triggers the switch is stuck? to me...
  4. A

Hey guys and gals, I pulled the 5amp fuse in the engine compartment (assuming it’s for the brakes or bcm) and all brake lights came on. Put the fuse back and they go off. based on the above I’m assuming the ground is fine, the brake switch is just not closing the loop. If anyone could add on...
  5. A

Hello all! trying to get my MK6 ready for inspection and I noticed the other day that cruise control didn’t deactivate off of the brake switch. so I checked and I had no brake lights at all checked the bulbs and the hazard lights still work through them. Went ahead and replaced the brake light...
  6. A

14 Jetta TDI standard P0401, P240F, and P2002 plan of attack in NYS

@oilhammer, and @TDIMeister , thank you for your replies! I'd rather go the route of delete and tune in all honesty, it wouldn't bother me at all for the smell/soot, as i'm currently running an LLY duramax daily and all that has is a cat. would you have a preference of which brand to go with...
  7. A

14 Jetta TDI standard P0401, P240F, and P2002 plan of attack in NYS

Hello All, First i would like to say thank you and this forum for incredible amounts of information (Almost too much). I just purchased a 2014 Jetta TDI Manual with 152k miles. didn't pay much for it as it had the codes when i bought it, PO401, P2002, and a P240F. I'm fully prepared to fix the...