Recent content by alaskansnail

1. IMG_3455.jpg

IMG_3455.jpg

Broken shift lever.
  2. alaskansnail

WTB: Shift Lever (Maybe Full Assembly)...

Alright sweet! Thank you for the suggestion! I'm gonna go see if I can find it! Thank you again!
  3. alaskansnail

Is that pretty easy to do/is it better, because I would love to have something that is actually available!
  4. alaskansnail

The other day I was driving and was going to shift into 3rd and my gearshift broke off... I don't know how, but it did. So if anyone has a 5 speed B4 Passat and is parting it out please let me buy the shifting assembly off you. Right now I am shifting with a pair of vice grips... Thank you!
  5. alaskansnail

WTB: Passenger Quarter Panel, Door & Bumper...

Recently an 18 wheeler hit my Passat while it was parked in a parking lot and it messed up the backend pretty bad. With that being said I am looking for the (all parts are the Passenger Side): • Rear Door • Quarter Panel • Bumper I am located in California, so if you are close that would be...
  6. alaskansnail

All Right Rear Bumper, Quarter Panel & Door...

Recently an 18 wheeler hit my Passat while it was parked in a parking lot and it messed up the backend pretty bad. With that being said I am looking for the (all parts are the Passenger Side): • Rear Door • Quarter Panel • Bumper I am located in California, so if you are close that would be...
  7. alaskansnail

84 Quantum Engine Code Location & Others...

The 1.6 TD engine was rebuilt by the previous owner and I don't know where the engine code is located. I found these numbers stamped into the block, so hopefully this helps: IH D 2 17 1D 84 R12 The head number is: 156 068103373N Across from this it says: Germany H ----- For some reason when...
  8. alaskansnail

Hiss-Like Noise On Acceleration...

Where is the Charge Air Tract? Is there a common place where boost leaks happen? I can’t see any immediate leaks anywhere. It only makes the noise while driving and from 2 and up on the tac. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. alaskansnail

Hiss-Like Noise On Acceleration...

Last night was driving up a decent incline for about 3 - 6 minutes and everything was fine, but then after I got off the freeway and stopped, I noticed a weird noise. I was in 4th gear the whole time because if not my car really struggles up that incline. (My Passat has a significant loss in...
  10. alaskansnail

Radio Short...

Sweet! Thank you so much! I'm gonna try and work on this later today, when it's not crazy hot outside. Thank you again...I'll update if I can get it working!
  11. alaskansnail

Radio Short...

So I just found this website again that shows what's on the circuit...but there are a few different plugs that work for the radio, according to this. It could be: H1, Q and W https://sites.google.com/site/stoyneff/electrical/b3-and-b4-passat-central-electric-2-ce2 I am thinking of taking them...
  12. alaskansnail

Radio Short...

97 TDI Passat One day my radio just stopped working and it had never worked again. I checked the fuse and it was blown, so I went and put in a new one. The moment it makes a circuit it pop. It’s not the radio by the way, because when it’s disconnected a fuse will still pop. I almost just...
  13. alaskansnail

Cup Holder Replacement (Upgrade?)

Ohhhh well yeah he can totally go for it! Hahaha thank you for that dude! My MK5 GTI is decent with cups actually, but I have driven a few that make NO SENSE. I agree, I truly think they think we are being saved from all the sugar...even though they are just making all of us drive with it in...
  14. alaskansnail

Cup Holder Replacement (Upgrade?)

I was thinking about putting it on my driver's door, but decided against it because I didn't want to harm my doorcard. I wanted to put those cupholders in, but I knew I probably would run into a problem with 2. Annnnd that's why I went with this thing. Thank you for the suggestion for that...