Recent content by akrievins

1. akrievins

TDI Club Future?

I agree! I gave my only TDI back to VW a few weeks ago, but I still check in here from time to time. I'm sure that will fade as all of the buybacks wrap up. Lots of good info here for TDI owners!
  2. akrievins

Selling Block heater cable. Virtually new.

Selling for $80 Canadian. Local pick up in Burlington, ON or Keele and Wilson, Toronto, ON on weekdays. $10 extra for shipping to Canada or the US.
  3. akrievins

2002 Golf

wow, nice work!
  4. akrievins

Removing trunk trim

Thanks everyone! I was able to do this fix with only the tools that I had. Long screwdriver, and vice grips. I actually used vice grips on the two triple square 8mm bolts since I didn't have a set of them. The part cost me $45 from ebay, delivered to me in Canada. Took me about an hour to...
  5. akrievins

Wow! 600,000kms!

I came across this ad. Look at those kms! http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/mississauga-peel-region/2006-volkswagen-jetta-tdi-wagon/1152687662?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
  6. akrievins

If VW buys back your JSW, what will you replace it with?

I haven't seen anyone say that they'd look at a pre 2009 TDI as an option. Great mileage, but an older car. You could walk away with cash in pocket.
  7. akrievins

The Vanity Plate Thread

Good one! :)
  8. akrievins

What tires did you replace your stock Conti's with???

I bought my 2012 Golf with 120,000kms on it with these Hankook tires which I'm sure were the second set. At 160,000 kms I took them off to put my winters on and found this. Surprisingly they were still holding air. I've since bought these, but have yet to mount them. I picked up the set of...
  9. akrievins

VW Dreams...

I like how you put that... They really are a huge part of our lives. Especially if you are more than just a "fuel and go" type car owner. :)
  10. akrievins

Tire size - deviation.

I'm excited to get these mounted and balanced. Glad to hear others have same size or larger!
  11. akrievins

VW Dreams...

Has anyone ever had dreams about their VW? I haven't had any about my VW, but I did have a few dreams about the first car I owned as well as my most recent SUV purchase. In both cases my vehicle was damaged, rusted, or going to cost me thousands to repair and wouldn't be the same. What a...
  12. akrievins

Best options for bike rack in 2016?

I've owned a few bike racks, and I have always found that the bikes move around too much on the pole type racks. I have much preferred the flat rack style where the wheels fit into holders. I find it more secure, and you don't need to strap the bikes down. This comes in handy if you have a...
  13. akrievins

Tire chains!

I tested these out a few weeks ago up a steep and icy hill. It had been raining for a day and it was slick out there. The Pewag tire chains performed flawlessly. Climbed up the hill with no problems at all. Nice to test them out, but hope I never really have to use them. Just...
  14. akrievins

Tire size - deviation.

Picked them up! I picked up the set of 4 yesterday. 215 55 R16 Continental ContiProContact They're the 97H rating. Seems like a pretty nice touring tire. Ended up getting them for $340, so I feel good about that. I hope the size is okay compared to the 2015 55 R16's I have on now, but...
  15. akrievins

Timing Belt Price?

Wow. I wouldn't have even known about the rebuilt part. I'm sure I'll find someone to do it cheaper/better.