Recent content by Agent13

1. A

Mk2 Gti 1z conversion thread

Turns out that the single brown/white wire off the Passat cluster harness is for the trunk indicator! Glad I didn't fry the ECU:)
  2. A

Mk2 Gti 1z conversion thread

sorry about the regurgitating an old post... But.... I'm trying to sort out some wiring in my swap.. This one is the most frightening of the lot , as it has to do with the k-line to my ecu! It appears that I am supposed to connect these gray/white wires (with brown plugs), but ALSO one...
  3. A

Parting 96 passat wagon tdi - Portland, OR

Are you trying to swap out a BK ecu? I could use a spare -if you get the GQ
  4. A

96 Passat 1Z harness complete/labeled. Offer

Ecu also? Do you also have that ecu?
  5. A

1z swap wiring questions.

Actually, if there are two brake switches... Where one is NC, while the other is NO -that would suggest that the two circuits should be isolated. Even though a test light would show that the wire going to the brake lights is showing a ground when the brakes are not applied -and positive when...
  6. A

1z swap wiring questions.

So, I was looking for some wiring info on Google -and landed on this thread..... I'm reviving it because of the unresolved brake switch issue. In my 83 Rabbit Gti, I came up with a nice little solution. I didn't want to add an additional switch to my pedal cluster. According to some, the ecu...
  7. A

MK4, MK3, and Eurovan parts F/S-Louisville

Do you stilll have that 1z wiring harness? How much of it is there, and is it from the mk3? I noticed you had an AHU harness under the same heading... I got a 1z (from a 96 passat) for a project, and the PO kind of butchered it...
  8. A

B4 Passat TDI Parts Galore

wiring Do you have the wiring harness for the gauge cluster? And any of the other wiring from the passat?
  9. A

PARTING OUT: 1996 Passat TDI sedan - Engine and Transmission AVAILABLE!

Did you save the dash wiring and cluster? If so -how much? (shipped to 01060)
  10. A

Fs-1z/ahu 96' passat parts

Instrument Cluster?
  11. A

TDI in a Rabbit Pickup

Oh dear... I'm starting a similar project, but can't decide which vehicle to use. Choices: an '82 Rabbit, an '81 Caddy(pick-up), or finding a series 1 scirocco... The "up" side to it, is that I'll be using a manual trans... The downside (however) is that I guess I'm going to have to...