Recent content by afeinstein

1. A

MK6 TDI Sportwagen 6MT, On/ Off Throttle Thump

Look forward to your research. Thank you! The ECS instructions are so well written - gives you much confidence and gave me an education about bolts, torque, etc.
  2. A

MK6 TDI Sportwagen 6MT, On/ Off Throttle Thump

I also have a "thump." My car is also a '11 JSW 6MT with 77k. Same- also checked dogbone and mounts and suspension is tight. When I am cruising down the road in 3rd or 4th and then let off the pedal, the car lets off with a thud just like the driveline was loose or something. If I drop the...
  3. A

Brake booster loss of vacuum?

Thanks so much Soot1! I ended up buying a cheap vacuum test kit from Amazon for just $19. https://amzn.to/2OOG0A2. Little easier than the pickle jar but that sounded cool. Anyway, I suspected that the hose to vacuum pump nipple was the culprit or the brake booster nipple. I hooked up the...
  4. A

Brake booster loss of vacuum?

For the last few months, my 2011 JSW 6sp will have a hard brake pedal after long highway trips or if the engine has been warm for a while (city driving). Now the problem is getting more frequent even when the car is not so warm. Intermittent. After pumping the brake a bit normal pressure...
  5. A

New to this group and already clutch problem.

I went through something similar two weeks ago. Slave cylinder failed and clutch was stuck on the floor. Dealer said that in order to remove the slave cylinder the whole tranny would have to come out so might as well replace the clutch and flywheel. My car was a 76k mile 2011. They quoted me...
  6. A

2010 Sportwagen TDI Southbend Single Mass Flywheel+ Stage Two Clutch Installed

Any updates on the SMF setup? Gears and synchros going strong still?
  7. A

SMF Clutch Replacement Story (Sad!) and User Experience

I did not see any footnotes like you describe. In their blog maybe? But Darkside does write: These are a popular conversion on the 1.9 & 2.0 TDi Engines found in the Audi A4 / A6 and VW Passat PLEASE NOTE - As with most of the Single Mass Flywheel Kits Available, there will be some noise at...
  8. A

Turbobrick240 - Have you heard about synchro issues on stock vehicles too? Maybe it is more on modded cars with upgraded clutch kits? Also I had heard that the Valeo clutch flywheel package has more vibration absorbing springiness than most and is designed for the greater vibration of the TDI...
  9. A

On my 2011 JSW 6MT with 76k (salvage repair by me) the clutch has been getting a little rough of late. Frequent roughness in engaging 1st - easy start but gets rough as the clutch approaches full engagement. Then suddenly on our first freezing day the pedal is to the floor. CPO ran out. No...
  10. A

'11 JSW Manual Transmission Problems

I definitely thought about this but the thing that makes it not the axle is a fact that the problem isn't there when the vehicle is cold. Not sure if it's due to a warm engine or a warm transaxle but it doesn't act like an axle issue which does it all the time.
  11. A

JWS Manual Trans Shuddering at Low/ Constant Speed

I have been driving my 2011 JSW 6 Speed Manual (72k) miles) for about 2k miles since I bought it from another owner. Lately, I have a weird driveline shudder that I am trying to diagnose. Anyone have an idea for me? It is a CPO car but I have a feeling the dealership won't take me seriously and...
  12. A

'11 JSW Manual Transmission Problems

I have been driving my 2011 JSW 6 Speed Manual (72k) miles) for about 2k miles since I bought it from another owner. Lately, I have a weird driveline vibration that I am trying to diagnose. Anyone have an idea for me? It is a CPO car but I have a feeling the dealership won't take me seriously...
  13. A

Thinking about getting a Bosal hitch but...

I got my 2011 JSW with a standard hitch on it. It was always scraping on driveways so I had it removed. When I was taking it out, I was surprised at how poorly this standard hitch gets supported. It just has 2 bolts on the passenger frame rail side and then it uses a drain hole in the spare...
  14. A

TDI painful experience. HELP NEEDED

Related question Since you have so much experience with salvage, I thought I would ask you this. I am sorry for the bad experience you are having with the 2012 JSW. I bought a 2011 JSW TDI from Copart and fixed it up. It now has a rebuilt salvage title. This vehicle was a buy back, had fixes...