adjat84th's latest activity

• adjat84th
    adjat84th replied to the thread heater support pump stuck on.
    Either way, a scan is on order to see what's going on.
  • adjat84th
    You're not going to upgrade your stock turbo without a ton of specialized equipment to enlarge the housings to accommodate that larger...
  • adjat84th
    adjat84th replied to the thread heater support pump stuck on.
    Definitely scan for codes if you haven't already. The heater support pump should only run when the main (Timing belt driven) water pump...
  • adjat84th
    adjat84th reacted to RIP TDI's post in the thread Timing belt change, 15 Golf with Like Like.
    One possibility: extreme high heat cycles over time render the sensors physically brittle. When disturbed (even lightly and indirectly)...
  • adjat84th
    As fast as the CR2025s were fading, I bought a 4-pack of the 2032s thinking they'd be better but not THAT much better. I've only used...
  • adjat84th
    adjat84th replied to the thread Timing belt change, 15 Golf.
    Common problem, either age or emissions fix causing even higher heat under the hood right above the DPF. They're inexpensive and easy to...
  • adjat84th
    Drive more, worry less? ;) I've heard good things about Pioneering Performance and is where I'm sending my 2260 off to for a slight...
  • adjat84th
    Believe the stock CP4 on MK6 platform was 1600 bar and CP3 would do 1800bar. The CP3 takes less torque to drive so likely to see an...
  • adjat84th
    adjat84th replied to the thread Losing oil, no visible leaks.
    Nothing to update just yet..lots of other things going on in life but my goal is to be done this year with it :)
  • adjat84th
    adjat84th replied to the thread Clutch rattle.
    Downshifting from 3rd to 2nd would give the engine a good amount of twist, as would decel in 1st going down a hill...those two scenarios...
  • adjat84th
    adjat84th replied to the thread Clutch rattle.
    Bad DMF usually starts with rattling at idle and cooler temps. Is the car tuned? A tune can beat the DMF up and cause premature failure...
  • adjat84th
    adjat84th replied to the thread Losing oil, no visible leaks.
    I always lose right at 1 liter per 10k miles. @100k miles now, but it's been that way since purchase and have had two different turbos...
  • adjat84th
    Turbo is sold
  • adjat84th
    adjat84th replied to the thread Turbo Upgrade.
    No, I did not though my 2260vklr will have water cooling when I get to this swap I'm doing. I believe you would want to tee into the...
  • adjat84th
    adjat84th replied to the thread Turbo Upgrade.
    I do the two at the gearbox, be sure to torque them back correctly (they're TTY bolts as well). It will give you all the room you need...